Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'DWTS' Season 32 judge Derek Hough gets emotional as he remembers Len Goodman during semi-finale of ABC show

2023-11-29 14:56
In September 2023, 'DWTS' grand prize, the Mirrorball Trophy, was renamed in Len Goodman's honor.
'DWTS' Season 32 judge Derek Hough gets emotional as he remembers Len Goodman during semi-finale of ABC show

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 judge Derek Hough recently broke down in tears after recalling Len Goodman. During the Semi-Finale, Derek got emotional while praising Xochitl Gomez's performance.

After Xochitl and Val Chmerkovskiy performed to 'La Vie En Rose' by Lady Gaga, Derek said, "I was thinking how important this season is, what the gravity of this season means because this is the first time that we have the Len Goodman trophy."

In September 2023, 'DWTS' grand prize, the Mirrorball Trophy, was renamed in Goodman's honor. Derek held back his tears and said, "And I’ll tell you right now, Len would’ve loved that dance. That was absolutely perfect. Perfect."

Len Goodman announces retirement from 'DWTS' months before his death

Len Goodman died at age 78 in April 2023 less than one year after he retired from 'DWTS' following season 31. He served as a judge on the reality competition series from 2005 to 2022.

The legendary judge and former ballroom dancer passed away from bone cancer as he was surrounded by members of his family in a hospice.

In the Season 31's semi-finale, Goodman said, "Whilst we're all getting excited and looking forward so much to the finale next week, it will also be with a touch of sadness as this will be my last season judging on Dancing with the Stars."

He added, "I've been with the show since it started in 2005 and it has been a huge pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful show, but I've decided I'd like to spend more time with my grandchildren and family back in Britain."

Derek Hough met 'DWTS' late judge Len Goodman at the age of 12

Derek Hough revealed that he met late judge Len Goodman while competing in London at the age of 12. He reflected on his first meeting in a previous interview, "I knew Len when I was a young boy."

Derek added, "He's made such an impact on my life," says Hough. "There's sadness still, but it's nice to know that I loved him enough that I really miss him."

Derek noted that 'DWTS' allowed him to spend quality time with his mentor. He shared, "Whenever I had breaks, I'd hang out with Len. I didn't know why I seemed to need to, but I did."

'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 finale will be released on Tuesday, December 5, at 8 pm ET on ABC.