Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Cardi B ready with her new album? 'Drip' rapper opens up about her public fight with husband Offset amid sophomore release

2023-08-29 08:24
'Right now, I'm working on the cover art and ideas for the next record because it's definitely coming up,' said Cardi B
Is Cardi B ready with her new album? 'Drip' rapper opens up about her public fight with husband Offset amid sophomore release

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Cardi B is already onto her next album, which means the ‘WAP’ performer won’t let her fans wait for too long. The 30-year-old singer, who made the cover for 'Vogue México y Latinoamérica' said, “I'm not going to release any more collaborations.”

“I'm going to release my next solo single. Right now, I'm working on the cover art and ideas for the next record because it's definitely coming up,” she told the outlet.

What did Cardi B say about her much-awaited next album?

“Everyone always tells me I should put the record out now, they did when I released ‘WAP’ [with Megan Thee Stallion] and when I released ‘Up,’ but I always let them know I'm not going to wait long after all these singles,” she said on her next musical project.

“So stay tuned because it's coming out very soon,” Cardi teased her fans. Her debut studio album ‘Invasion of Privacy’ came in 2018.

Was it a publicity stunt?

Cardi B also collaborated with husband Offset for their new single ‘Jealousy.’ Many accused the singer of doing a publicity stunt when the couple was involved in a public fight. The ‘Clout’ crooner speculated that he has been cheated on, over his social media platform.

“It wasn’t no STUNT,” she responded “Tasha K made some ish up and yall was laughing about it and happy a** hell about it. Now that we putting it in the music is a stunt … Naaa baby be mad at the one who started trolling wit it.”

She added over Twitter: “THEY C----IE WAS SO WET WHEN THE LIE WAS GOING AROUND NOW it’s a different narrative when we put it in the music ….OOOO IM POPPIN IT ON THIS SONG !!!!”

The tweet was in reference to her defamation lawsuit against the internet personality, filed in 2019. "I felt extremely suicidal," Cardi told the court in her defamation "I felt defeated, helpless, and depressed and I didn't want to sleep with my husband," she added, as per a TMZ report.

The 'I Like It' crooner was awarded $1.25 million in damages federal jury that found Kebe 'liable for libel, invasion of privacy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress,' as per court documents in 2022. The court also observed, "Kebe has failed to produce any evidence that plaintiff herself threatened Kebe or made her believe that she was going to harm her," the Judge said.