Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

From 'medical emergency' to Covid vaccine rumors: A timeline of Jamie Foxx’s mystery illness

2023-06-02 15:59
On May 12, Jamie Foxx's daughter Corrinne revealed the actor has been 'out of hospital for weeks'
From 'medical emergency' to Covid vaccine rumors: A timeline of Jamie Foxx’s mystery illness

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jamie Foxx has been consistently in the news due to his health issues ever since his daughter, Corinne, first announced that the actor was hospitalized for a medical emergency on April 12. Prior to his hospitalization, Foxx was seen shooting for his upcoming film ‘Back in Action', his last public appearance before falling ill. While Corinne did not share any details about Foxx’s illness, she mentioned that her father was recovering.

Shortly after, social media was filled with wishes from the actor’s industry friends and colleagues as well as his fans and well-wishers. Meanwhile, there was also an influx of conflicting reports, with some suggesting Foxx was recuperating and others claiming he was critical. From his daughter’s latest claim about the actor “playing pickleball” to journalist A J Benza attributing his condition to Covid vaccine, Foxx’s health condition has been shrouded in mystery. Amid the ongoing speculation, here's a recap of his health issues.

‘Medical complication’

On April 12, Foxx’s daughter, Corinne, took to Instagram to share that her father suffered from a medical emergency the day before and was already on the mend. “We wanted to share that my father, Jamie Foxx, experienced a medical complication yesterday,” she wrote on behalf of the Foxx family.

“Luckily, due to quick action and great care, he is already on his way to recovery. We know how beloved he is and appreciate your prayers. The family asks for privacy during this time,” Corinne said at the time. However, the statement did not provide any details about the Oscar winner’s illness.

‘Back in Action’ production rescheduled

On the same day of Corinne’s update, a source told People that the ‘Back in Action’ set was “shut down” after Foxx’s health scare. Although Foxx’s last public appearance was on the set of the film, the publication confirmed that his medical emergency did not take place during filming and the actor was not transported to the hospital by an emergency vehicle. Sources also mentioned that filming for the movie resumed on April 13 using a stand-in for Foxx. Reports suggest other scheduling reconfigurations were also made after the situation.

‘Steadily improving’

On April 14, an insider told the outlet that Foxx was “steadily improving.” Meanwhile, on April 17, another source told CNN that Foxx was still in the Georgia medical facility and kept under observation. “They are running tests and still trying to figure out what exactly happened,” the source said. On April 20, Martin Lawrence shared Foxx was “doing better.” “I hear he's doing better… My prayers go out for him every night and just wishing the best for him, one of the best that we got in Hollywood. Not only one of the best entertainers but a good person,” Lawrence told Extra at his Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony.

‘Awake and alert’

Another source shared a positive update with People on April 21 and said, “He’s still in the hospital and doctors are running tests but he's awake and alert. They're keeping him under observation.” Nick Cannon echoed similar sentiments while speaking to Entertainment Tonight during an interview, “I can't really say what it is, but it'll be out there soon.”

“I was reluctant to go all the way there, and even talk about it, but he gave me the blessing, so it's a beautiful thing. He's awake. They say he's alert, so, we love it. That's family right there,” Cannon mentioned. On April 27, Tiffany Haddish shared a similar update with the publication. “I have heard that he’s doing well. We have a lot of mutual friends that are keeping me updated. I’ve been praying really hard for him. I love that man a lot. That's my big bro.”

Jamie Foxx breaks silence

On May 3, Foxx finally broke his silence and shared an update about his health on social media. The actor took to Instagram to share his gratitude for the love and support. “Appreciate all the love!!! Feeling blessed,” Foxx wrote over a plain black background. He also added emojis showing a praying hand, a red heart, and a fox on his post.

That same day, Kevin Hart shared an update on Foxx’s heath on an episode of the ‘Impaulsive’ podcast. “I think the dope thing is that he's getting better in his situation, and everybody's prayers, everybody's love, energy, all that stuff is seen and felt,” the comedian told Logan Paul and Mike Majlak.

“I don't know the details or the exact details as to what's going on, but to my knowledge, there's a lot of progression and a world of better. I know that he knows that, and I know that he feels that because there's been an outcry and outpour in his regard, and I can only hope that it continue,” Hart added.

Fox announces Jamie Foxx will not host new season of ‘Beat Shazam’

Despite some positive updates, a new announcement from Fox Network renewed concern and fear about Foxx’s health. “Beat Shazam has been an unscripted mainstay on the FOX schedule for six seasons and counting. This season, not wanting fans of the game show to miss a minute of the fun, Nick Cannon has offered to fill in as guest host for his friends, Jamie and Corinne Fox. Kelly Osbourne will be filling in as guest DJ,” the statement read.

“Everyone at FOX Entertainment wishes Jamie well as he continues his recovery, and we greatly appreciate Nick's willingness to jump in and help this summer,” it concluded. However, Foxx’s former costar Natasha Blasick told Entertainment Tonight that she was assured that the actor was still recovering. “I was texting him, and just yesterday I talked to his friend, who's like really in touch with him. I was, like, really freaking out [with] all of the news that he's getting worse. So I was texting [his friend], and he's like, ‘No, no, no, he's recovering,’” Blasick mentioned.

‘Jamie is stable’

On May 5, a source with knowledge about the situation told People that “Jamie is stable and not in a life-threatening situation now.” The insider continued, “[Doctors] are doing more tests and want to be completely sure that he will be okay before allowing him to” leave the hospital.

The source also mentioned that the hospital is “the last place Jamie wants to be” and stated that doctors advised the actor to “keep his stress level down” after being discharged. “He has a lot of projects going on,” the insider shared. “He gets things done; he is focused and astute. What happened to him medically is serious enough to keep him in the hospital,” they added.

Jamie Foxx’s daughter reveals he was released from hospital

On May 12, Corinne addressed the rumors surrounding her father’s health and said that the actor has been released from the hospital "for weeks" and is even playing pickleball. “Update from the family: Sad to see how the media runs wild. My Dad has been out of the hospital for weeks, recuperating,” Corinne wrote on her Instagram Story alongside a report that claimed Foxx’s family was preparing for “the worst.”

“In fact, he was playing pickleball yesterday! Thanks for everyone's prayers and support! We have an exciting work announcement coming next week too!” she confirmed. On May 15, Fox announced that Corinne and Foxx will host a new musical game show called ‘We Are Family', marking the actor’s first new project since his health scare.

Journalist claims Covid vaccine

More recently, veteran journalist Benza appeared on the ‘Ask Dr Drew’ podcast and claimed that a source involved in Foxx’s care said that a “blood clot in his brain caused him at that point to be partially paralyzed and blind,” leading to the actor’s hospitalization. The reporter alleged that Foxx’s mysterious illness occurred after he was pressured to take a Covid vaccine. Benza also said that statements from the actor’s family were “all lies.”

“I am thinking, Is that why he blew up on the set a week before this medical emergency happened? Is that why he fired three or four people because he had had it with these mandates?” the journalist questioned. “If you read into what they were saying early on, ‘He is communicating with us.’ That doesn’t mean talking. That could be anything. Writing. Sign language. I know those little code words. Then you tell me your father is playing pickleball, give me a break. There is a great shroud of secrecy around Jamie Foxx,” he stated. Foxx and his family are yet to address the claims.