Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I am turkeyed out': Martha Stewart reveals she canceled her Thanksgiving dinner because 'somebody got sick'

2023-11-17 01:25
Martha Stewart noted that she'll be on the go this Thanksgiving, visiting one home to another to taste food
'I am turkeyed out': Martha Stewart reveals she canceled her Thanksgiving dinner because 'somebody got sick'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Martha Stewart might be known for making grand arrangements for Thanksgiving, but this year it seems that she is taking a break.

The American businesswoman and writer disclosed on 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' on Thursday, November 16, that she has backed out of her plans to host a Turkey Day meal and will instead be visiting her friends for the upcoming holiday.

"I gave up Thanksgiving. I canceled," the 82-year-old said according to People. "Nine guests canceled because somebody got sick. So ... I called up my chef friend and I said, 'We’re not doing Thanksgiving,'" she added.

Martha Stewart has already prepared several meals ahead of the holiday

The lifestyle mogul also revealed what led her to decide to cancel Thanksgiving this year. She said that she already prepared several meals ahead of the holiday. "I’ve also cooked 14 turkeys already for my TV show, and I still have to [cook] one more turkey on the 'Today' show," she explained, adding "So forget it."

Besides, she was also on the 'Today' show on Thursday, November 16, giving her turkey-perfecting tips as part of the NBC morning program's eighth annual All-Star Thanksgiving special.

Host Kelly Clarkson asked on her show whether Stewart was "all turkeyed out," to which the latter agreed, "I am turkeyed out."

Martha Stewart will instead visit her friend's house during this year's Thanksgiving

Stewart noted that she'll be on the go this Thanksgiving, visiting one home to another to taste food. "I made a plan," Stewart shared, adding "Friends, of course, invited me to their home, so I’m going to about five different homes to taste different courses."

Clarkson, 41, noted that "those friends must be so stressed out," to which her guest responded playfully with a laugh, "Oh, I hope so."

"If you were coming to my house, I would for sure lie and say I cooked it and have somebody else do it," the host joked.

Stewart rang in the occasion in October with an “autumn weekend fest” with 12-year-old granddaughter Jude and her friends. "Phew! We survived the fabulous autumn weekend fest with six 12-year-old girls," Stewart declared in the caption of her photo post on Instagram.

She went on to say that she treated the tweens to "non stop activities including pumpkin carving, glamping, hiking, horseback riding, eating, apple picking, apple cider pressing, etc etc."

"I received the best thank you notes and we all slept well after the two-day fun-filled weekend," Stewart added, showing off some of the girls' handmade cards. "The girls are fabulous. Smart. Amusing. Thoughtful. And above all lovely human beings!!!!!!!!!"

How did Martha Stewart celebrate Thanksgiving last year?

Stewart celebrated Thanksgiving last year by boasting her extensive collection of decorative turkeys. Each photo in her two Instagram carousels showcased different kinds, all in various sizes and made of unique materials.

"My thanksgiving decorations were basically all about the bird!" the TV host wrote alongside one of the posts.

"112 at last count! glass, wood, gilded, golden, metal, composite, porcelain, etc fun for kids to count. keeps each busy for at least twenty minutes!," she added.

Stewart's friend, designer Christopher Spitzmiller, attended the 2022 festivities at her farm and shared a series of photos and video from the event. "Today we had the best Thanksgiving ever," he wrote alongside his post, adding "Many thanks to @marthastewart48 for including us in the festivities, and for her continued friendship."

Spitzmiller then praised the food, writing, "Every single dish was delicious and to watch Martha make the gravy was a special treat. I had the honor of carving the turkey and it was a magical day all around. So much to be thankful for."

Tags news