Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amanda Anisimova trolled for 'giant' breasts and 'unathletic body', takes indefinite break from tennis

2023-05-13 15:18
'The amount of people who comment on my body every day on social media… will never understand what the hyper fixation is about,' said Amanda Anisimova
Amanda Anisimova trolled for 'giant' breasts and 'unathletic body', takes indefinite break from tennis

AVENTURA, FLORIDA: Amanda Anisimova has announced that she will be taking an indefinite break from tennis owing to mental health issues. This comes amid trolls body-shamed and mocked the player, rated No. 46, for having "giant b**bs" and an "unathletic body". The high of what she referred to as "the most special day" of her career seems to be officially over.

Anisimova reached the quarterfinals at Wimbledon last year. She even defeated fellow rising star, Coco Gauff. However, she has been struggling on the court this season, with a record of 3-8. Anisimova's decision to step away is noteworthy, as she is a talented player who has captured the attention of the tennis world. Her statement on Instagram about her break shows that she is aware of the impact her decision may have on her fans and supporters

READ MORE

'God-tier troll': Internet claims all Kayla Lemieux wanted was to sit at home and get paid

'You cannot be serious': Former Tennis bad boy John McEnroe steps out for late-night dinner in Malibu

Trolls and body-shaming

Anisimova has been subjected to trolling and body-shaming on social media as people referred to her as “giant b**bs.” The troll commented on one of her Instagram pics and said, “The most unathletic body ever! Narrow shoulders and giant b**bs.”

She responded with a "thank you" and a kissing emoji to the trolls. Then she posted the following on her Instagram story in response to the comment. "I'm not sure what to think. lol... The amount of people who comment on my body every day on social media… will never understand what the hyper fixation is about,” she added.

The 21-year-old revealed the news of her break on Friday, May 5, on Instagram and was candid about her mental state spanning from last year and constant trolling on social media.

“Hey guys. I thought I’d make a post explaining what’s been going on and my plans,” she explained. “I’ve really been struggling with my mental health and burnout since the summer of 2022.”

“It’s become unbearable being at tennis tournaments. At this point, my priority is my mental well-being and taking a break for some time. I’ve worked as hard as I could to push through it. I will miss being out there, and I appreciate all the continuous support.”

How did father's death affect Amanda Anisimova?

The former world No 21 reached her career high in 2019 after reaching the French Open semifinals the previous year but suffered a tragedy later that year with the death of her father and long-time coach Konstantin at the age of 52.

"This is obviously the hardest thing I've had to go through and the hardest thing that's ever happened to me, and I don't really talk about it with anyone," she told the New York Times in 2020.

Tags news