Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Amanda Halterman divorce Jason? '1000-lb Sisters' star reveals failing marriage kept her from show

2023-06-05 11:21
Amanda Halterman shared how her divorce affected her appearance on '1000-lb Sisters' show
Why did Amanda Halterman divorce Jason? '1000-lb Sisters' star reveals failing marriage kept her from show

STURGIS, KENTUCKY: '1000-lb Sisters' star Amanda Halterman recently answered a curious fan's questions. The reality star appeared for the first time at the end of '1000-lb Sisters' Season 3. Since then, Amanda has made a few appearances on the TLC show.

However, Amanda has revealed that her divorce prevented her from appearing on the show. The reality star shared a video on her TikTok account and revealed that her messy divorce with Jason Halterman was the reason for her fewer appearances.

Amanda Halterman reveals real reason for fewer appearances on '1000-lb Sisters'

Amanda's fan asked on the social media platform, "Out of curiosity, how come you weren't on the show when it first came out? Did you not like being on camera back then?" Amanda answered the question while sitting in a dark room in her home. The reality star said, "Yeah when the show first started, I had already started having problems in my marriage." She added, "So, um, I chose not to make a lot of appearances. I was at Amy's wedding, and in season two things really fell apart in my marriage."

Notably, Amanda was living in her own place and her divorce papers were officially filed by the time season three came around. Soon after her first appearance, Amanda confirmed that she tried to make a few appearances earlier in season three, but she was prevented from filming because of Covid. Amanda's sons tested positive and her whole family was in quarantine during filming.

@amandahalterman0 Replying to @chugchugboy1 ♬ original sound - Amanda Halterman

Amanda Halterman finalizes her divorce from Jason Halterman

Amanda finalized a secret divorce from her ex Jason while filming the first part of '1000-lb Sisters' Season 4. Amanda has amicably parted ways from her ex-husband in August 2020, but according to official Kentucky court documents, the couple's divorce was finalized in August 2022. Jason filed for divorce against Amanda on August 16, 2022.

Jason, who is Michael Halterman's brother, exchanged vows with Amanda on December 30, 1998. Over their 22 years of marriage, Amanda welcomed four sons with Jason. Notably, Amanda was granted primary custody of their children during the divorce. All four of the boys are now adults, and only the youngest was under 18 at the time of his parent's split.

Why did Amanda and Jason Halterman divorce?

Although the reality star hasn't revealed the real reason behind her divorce, there are speculations that discouraging comments and ill-treatment lead to their split. However, Amanda and Jason's sudden split came as a shock and was suspicious, considering the high school sweethearts didn't seem to have any marital issues.

Amid their messy divorce, Jason agreed to pay Amanda $498 a month for childcare. He also agreed to pay Amanda an additional $250 a month for spousal support until she is re-married or dies.

Notably, Amanda made $1,260 a month from being employed by a local school district, while Jason made nearly $4,000 a month, according to the 2022 court document. However, Amanda gave property in her name over to Jason in the divorce settlement and the home is now the two-bedroom her half-sister Tammy Slaton has moved into after exiting weight rehab.

Tags news