Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Brooke Shields and Chris Henchy celebrate 22 years of marriage, actress calls husband a 'keeper'

2023-05-28 02:58
Brooke Shields shared an anniversary post on Instagram on Friday, celebrating 22 years of her marriage to Chris Henchy
Brooke Shields and Chris Henchy celebrate 22 years of marriage, actress calls husband a 'keeper'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Brooke Shields and Chris Henchy celebrated their 22 years of marriage by sharing a post on social media on Friday, May 26. The model shared several photos on Instagram which showed the times she enjoyed spending with her husband.

Shields also captioned the post as a short heartfelt message for her spouse to publicly express her love for him. "22 years married today… sometimes it feels like it's been forever in the blink of an eye! There's nobody else I'd rather drive insane or be driven insane by… catch or be caught by… love or be loved by," she wrote.

READ MORE

'No one gets to own my truth but me': Brooke Shields features on 'People' revealing her darkest secret

'Remembering my mama a little extra today': Brooke Shields honors late mom and daughters Rowan and Grier in touching Mother's Day post

'I'm in it for the long haul'

The 'Pretty Baby' actress shared that she was "in for the long haul" with Henchy and concluded the message by calling her husband "a keeper." In 1999, the duo initially met in Los Angeles while they both worked on the Warner Bros lot. She was previously married to Andre Agassi, a former professional tennis player in 1997 and their marriage broke off in 1999.

In 2000, Shields and Hency became engaged, and in 2001, the pair tied the knot. Their eldest daughter named Rowan, 20, was born in 2003 and their younger daughter Grier, 17, was born in 2006, according to Daily Mail.

'I don't want to lose this person, so I better behave'

During an interview with People, Shields talked about the initial phase of her relationship with her husband. The 'Blue Lagoon' star recalled that she split up with him in the early days of their relationship. She revealed that after the then-recent separation from Agassi, she did not want her relationship with Henchy to be seen as "rebounding, or whatever they call it, because I hadn't spent any time sowing my oats."

Shields added that while the director accepted their splitting up, she realized that she did not want to give up her relationship with him. "I don't want to lose this person, so I better behave," she recalled thinking at the time.

The actress expressed being particularly grateful for Henchy making a habit of "leveling" her throughout their marriage. "Every time I finish with my therapist, Chris is like, "Are you fixed? You're good? We're good?"', she said.

Tags news