Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'AGT' Season 18 fans scared as Ray Wold throws knives at 85-year-old mom: 'Taking danger to new level'

2023-06-07 12:58
Howie Mandel said 'No' to Ray Wold's act, saying, 'I think if you gonna spend quality time with your mother, you shouldn't throw knives at her'
'AGT' Season 18 fans scared as Ray Wold throws knives at 85-year-old mom: 'Taking danger to new level'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 brought a mother-son duo on the stage, giving off a fiery performance. Ray Wold and his 85-year-old mother appeared on the stage to perform a fire and knife act. Well, Ray does not generally perform with her mother. It was his first time on the stage of 'AGT.'

Ray explained that when he got selected for 'AGT' Season 18, he was looking for a person to perform with him on the stage. Ray said, "Every time I contacted somebody to help me out, they would not do it. And, that's when my mom said "I'll do it" (Ray waved his hands as he imitated his mother)." He added, "She is just best mom." Fans were shocked to see Ray perform with his mother. Moreover, they were concerned about the 85-year-old's safety.

'You shouldn't throw knives at her'

Ray and his mother took everyone by surprise as 'AGT' Season 18's Episode 2 ended. After the performance, Heidi Klum claimed, "This was such a hot mess, I loved it." Sofia Vergara on the other hand claimed, "I don't know what happened during the show. I don't know what is happening now." She then praised Ray's mother saying, "She is the star of the show." Howie Mandel who pressed the buzzer said, "I'm all for family. But, I think if you gonna spend quality time with your mother, you shouldn't throw knives at her." He then questioned Ray's upbringing in a funny way saying, "It's just the way I was brought up." Sadly, Howie said no for the sake of Ray and her mother's safety. But the other three said yes and the duo moved on to the next round.

'A stunt involving that much fire scares me'

Fans were scared and concerned seeing so much fire on the stage. One showed his concern by tweeting, "A stunt involving that much fire scares me. I wonder how much fire retardant gel he had on ‘cause it’s only a matter of time before something horribly goes wrong." Another slammed Ray and his mother's performance saying, "I love my son more than anything but there's no way in hell I'm letting him throw knives at me or set myself on fire but I did enjoy them." Another tweeted, "Not cool..man on fire…must be better acts out there."

Another wrote, "AGT would like us to know we should not set ourselves on fire." A fan slammed NBC editors, saying, "I do not like the slow-motion fire explosions. No thank you editors." "Unless I'm at a certain low point, I don't think I want to attempt to set myself on fire," tweeted a viewer. Another wrote, "This is taking danger to a new level!! I would not be surprised if these brothers do a future act that has to do with fire."

'AGT' Season 18 releases new episodes every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on NBC.

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.