Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Morning Joe' fans join Joe Scarborough in mocking Donald Trump's courthouse lie amid civil fraud trial

2023-10-20 16:45
This comes after Donald Trump's false claims that his civil fraud trial was preventing him from hitting 2024 campaign trail
'Morning Joe' fans join Joe Scarborough in mocking Donald Trump's courthouse lie amid civil fraud trial

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough mocked former President Donald Trump for failing to keep up with his "lie" amid the ongoing civil fraud trial against him in New York.

The ‘Morning Joe’ host called out Trump’s ignorant "lie" to the press where the former POTUS revealed that he was unable to be on his campaign trail because he was “held at court.”

However, when the Press asked Trump whether he would be at court “tomorrow again,” he responded that he would be heading to his Doral golf club for a tournament.

Scarborough took note of this moment from the ongoing civil trial against Trump and mocked him for making a false statement and then contradicting himself just four minutes later.

Joe Scarborough mocks Donald Trump over his 'lies' to the press

On his ‘Morning Joe’ show, Joe Scarborough aired a clip of Donald Trump speaking to the media outside a New York courtroom where a $250 million lawsuit, accusing him of defrauding lenders, is currently unfolding.

In the clip, Trump came out punching against the justice system saying that he was “forced to attend” the trial, keeping him away from campaigning in different states.

Trump told the reporters, “They want to keep me here instead of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina among other great places. They want to keep me here.”

And only four minutes later when a reporter asked Trump whether he would be back to court the following day, he said, “Probably not. We’re having a very big professional golf tournament at Doral, so probably not.”

After playing his clip for its viewers, Scarborough mimicked Trump’s words, mocking him over his courthouse statements.

Scarborough said, “They are keeping me from the good people of Iowa. They are keeping me from the good people of South Carolina. They are keeping me from the good people of New Hampshire...The injustice of it all.”

Scarborough continued, “And when the reporters ask him four minutes later, 'So you’re going to be here tomorrow too since they are keeping you here?' 'Oh no! I got to go, I have a golf tournament in Doral country, I’m going down to the country club.'”

The MSNBC star poked fun at Trump and said, “You can’t make it up. He can’t even remember who he is running against. He thinks he’s running against Barack Obama, so how do you expect him to remember the lie he told four minutes ago.”

Internet claims Donald Trump can't stop 'himself from lying'

The netizens were quick to add to Trump’s misery and joined the MSNBC host in mocking him.

One user said, “Honestly, when you lie hundreds of times a day, remembering the last one (especially as you grow more and more deranged) has to be difficult.”

A second wrote, “He can't stop himself from lying. He just loves hearing his own voice almost as much as loves hearing his own name. Which makes sense seeing how people hear him walking around repeatedly saying his name to himself.”

Another added, “The only reason he launched a new campaign was to use it to try and get out of this.”

“Trump is dancing as fast as he can between losing his money and losing in court, trying his hardest to avoid them both. He used to glide by effortlessly. But now he's getting older and it's getting harder. And I am going to enjoy every moment of this,” quipped another.

A user asked, “Why can't any reporter ask Trump - "WHY DO YOU LIE SO MUCH?”"