Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Has Whoopi Goldberg left 'The View'? Fans concerned as talk show returns for Season 27

2023-08-16 11:21
The lack of Whoopi Goldberg in promo video for 'The View' season 27 sparks concern
Has Whoopi Goldberg left 'The View'? Fans concerned as talk show returns for Season 27

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘The View’ is currently on hiatus after the end of Season 26, but has popped up on Instagram mid-summer vacation to announce the return, which will take place on September 5, 2023.

‘The View’ released an incredibly creative and catchy promo video for Season 27, however, this video has sparked concern amongst fans as they notice that one co-host is absent, and it is none other than Whoopi Goldberg.

However, looks like these fans panicked a little too early because, in pure Goldberg fashion, the co-host made a sneaky appearance towards the end of the promo video.

Is Whoopi Goldberg returning to ‘The View’?

The promo video on Instagram confirms that Goldberg is indeed returning to ‘The View’ in September, along with Alyssa Farah Griffin, Joy Behar, Ana Navarro, Sara Haines, and Sunny Hostin, all of whose return has also now been confirmed by just one Instagram post.

The Instagram video is captioned, “Our new season kicks off LIVE Tuesday, Sep. 5! ✨ What are the three words each co-host of #TheView shared to describe the new season? Watch ‘til the end for a surprise behind the camera!”

In this video, we see Hostin, Behar, Navarro, Haines, and Griffin, along with the producer Brian Teta, all goofing around as they talk about the upcoming season. However, Goldberg is nowhere to be seen. Toward the end of the video, Navarro finally asked, “Wait, where’s Whoopi?”

At that point, Goldberg emerged from behind the camera and said, “I’m right here. We’ll see everybody next season, keep talking.”

Fans panic at the absence of Goldberg

‘The View’ fans took to the comment section to express their concern when they didn’t see Goldberg for the majority of the video. One fan wrote, “Where’s Whoopi?” and another said, “I was like…where’s Whoopi?” ‘The View’s scare tactic surely worked, as fans flooded the comment section as they talked about Goldberg.

One fan wrote, “Scared me for a minute. I like yall as a group. Can’t wait.” Another fan also wrote, “Where’s Whoop???? Where’s Whoop??? She better be in the view.”

Fans have truly panicked at the idea of Goldberg not potentially returning for Season 27 as one commented, “Whew…I was getting worried…no Whoopie???” The comments about Goldberg continued to flood in as another fan wrote, “Whoopi is gone?!? WHAT?! This is nooooooot happening!!!” However, once they all stick till the end of the video, their concerns will be put to rest.

Tags news