Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Sniggers, smiles, and that 'Yellowstone' bombshell: Kevin Costner's court outing in 5 quotes

2023-09-02 18:00
Kevin Costner admitted he would 'probably go to court' over 'Yellowstone' as his finances were brought under scrutiny to decide on the child support
Sniggers, smiles, and that 'Yellowstone' bombshell: Kevin Costner's court outing in 5 quotes

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In his testimony during his divorce case, Kevin Costner alternated between laughing and exchanging heated words with his ex-wife's attorney.

At a startling point in his testimony today, Costner revealed new information about the couple's extravagant spending and even said he would "probably go to court" over the popular television series 'Yellowstone', per Daily Mail.

The legendary actor made the shocking admission while testifying regarding his income in relation to his divorce from his ex-wife Christine Baumgartner.

What did Kevin Costner say when talking about properties?

The seasoned actor said, when asked how the single property contrasted to his five-lot compound, "I only live in one of the properties so I believe they're comparable. I don't think they're equal."

Costner, who was sporting a pair of black-framed glasses, laughed and said, "This is tricky!" when lawyer John Rydell inquired if he would swap homes with his ex.

Costner then concluded, "No, I would not but not because I don't think that home is comparable. I have raised three children in my home, their hands are in the stone. I think most people would understand that."

He did, however, add, "There are some features [of Baumgartner's new house] I'd like to have in mine."

What did Kevin Costner say when talking about money from 'Yellowstone'?

While Costner drew laughter from the audience several times and cracked jokes on the witness stand, he turned serious when discussing the money he earned from his hit show 'Yellowstone'.

He stated, "I was concerned about the first three years," after being shown a breakdown of his show fees. "I thought I made $5m."

When he was told he made more, he sardonically stated, "Oh good. I thought we were going to have to launch a treasure hunt to find it."

Costner testified in court that he had initially committed to produce seasons five, six, and seven of the series for a compensation of $12 million each.

Why does Kevin Costner want to go to court over 'Yellowstone'?

Costner claims that discussions about season six's release date and "creative disputes" continued in February and again in May. He said that Paramount eventually backed out after he demanded $12 million to produce that season.

He said, "It's a little disappointing that the No.1 show on television is not producing. I'll probably go to court over it. I'm disappointed in the production."

What did Kevin Costner say about child support?

Regarding child support, the momentous decision was made after a day where Costner testified twice, first as a witness for his wife and then for himself.

He said, "My biggest concern is that the court orders me to pay child support that is above the reasonable needs of the children, that it's not what they need but what Christine needs," as reported by Daily Mail.

He explained his side of the situation as he said, "I could run out of cash very quickly and that could force me to take jobs I don't want to do and work later than I want to work."

He added his fear, saying 'My homes in Aspen and here, I could lose them. I have spent my whole life building them as places for me and my family and friends."

Kevin Costner gains victory against ex Christine Baumgartner as judge reduces child support to $63K

After a judge sided with the actor in his custody dispute with his former Christine Baumgartner, Kevin Costner told Fox News Digital that he believes there is "no winner."

He said, "You know, when you have a life that long with somebody, there is no winner...and it's this big, crazy thing called life and how it unravels so quickly."

He explained how he felt about the divorce, saying, "One minute you feel like you're on top of the world, and then you realize how, you know, how vulnerable you are."

Tags news epcelebs