Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Christy Turlington's daughter? OG supermodel reveals why she took a step back from modeling

2023-09-22 15:28
Christy Turlington's daughter Grace Burns, 19, made her Milan Fashion Week debut on September 20
Who is Christy Turlington's daughter? OG supermodel reveals why she took a step back from modeling

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Christy Turlington, 54, the iconic supermodel, recently shared some candid revelations about her life and departure from the world of modeling, even as her daughter Grace Burns, 19, made her Milan Fashion Week debut on Wednesday, September 20.

"In 1996, I remember being in Paris for the couture, and I gained a little bit of weight because I'd quit smoking, and… I got released from a show," Turlington recalls in Apple TV+ docu-series 'The Super Models.'

How did Christy Turlington respond to the runway setback?

This episode could have pushed many models into a frenzy of dieting and fitness routines to conform to industry standards, but Turlington chose a different path. Instead of succumbing to the pressure, Turlington found inspiration in the setback and made a pivotal decision in her life.

She explained, "I remember feeling like, 'Well, I'm not gonna let this make me feel bad. I just made a decision for myself which is probably one of the best decisions I've made. And so maybe now is the time. I don't really want to subject myself to take anymore.'"

What did Christy Turlington do after quitting modeling?

This decision marked a turning point in Turlington's life. She shifted her focus from full-time modeling to education, enrolling at New York University. Over the years, she pursued her studies with determination and passion, ultimately earning a Bachelor of Arts degree with a concentration in Comparative Religion and Eastern Philosophy.

Reflecting on her time at university, Turlington said, "Those were some of the most important years of my life because that's where I was really able to make the investment in myself and who my future self was gonna be. I just found so much inspiration to do so many other things. It was such an incredible four years."

In a poignant twist of fate, Turlington's decision to quit smoking, which led to her stepping back from modeling, took on even greater significance as her father was diagnosed with lung cancer just two years after her runway setback. Sadly, Dwain Turlington passed away six months after his diagnosis at the age of 63. This loss deeply affected Turlington and motivated her to become an anti-smoking activist, using her influence and personal story to raise awareness about the dangers of smoking.

Grace Burns makes her Milan Fashion Week debut

While it isn't her first time gracing a runway professionally, this marks her debut in a major designer show. The 19-year-old confidently glided down the catwalk, showcasing Alberta Ferretti's spring 2024 collection in a one-shoulder, figure-hugging dress adorned with a subdued floral print in shades of blush pink, mauve, and soft green.

Taking to her Instagram, Burns expressed her gratitude to designer Ferretti, for giving her the opportunity, writing, “Thank you thank you thank you for having me in your show…in a castleeeeee!!!!! So so so honored to be a part of this beautiful collection 🫶🫶🫶”.

Tags news epbeauty