Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jada Pinkett reveals Chris Rock once asked her out on a date, says she 'hasn't spoken to him' since 2022 Oscars

2023-10-12 02:48
'I just hope that all the misunderstanding around this can be cleared up and that there can be peace,' Jada Pinkett Smith said referring to Chris Rock
Jada Pinkett reveals Chris Rock once asked her out on a date, says she 'hasn't spoken to him' since 2022 Oscars

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jada Pinkett Smith is making bombshell revelations in interviews about her and Will Smith's relationship in interviews as her book 'Worthy' is set for release on October 17.

Jada, who shared fractures in her and Wills' relationship for the past seven years, also revealed her ties with Chris Rock who was slapped by her husband during the 2022 Oscars.

Chris Rock and Jada Pinkett Smith haven't spoken since the Oscar incident

Jada hasn’t spoken to Chris Rock since the Oscars incident when her husband slapped Chris on stage as he joked about Jada's hair.

“No, I haven't talked to Chris,” she told People, adding "I just hope that all the misunderstanding around this can be cleared up and that there can be peace."

Jada Pinkett and Chris Rock's 'misunderstanding' from the 2016 Oscars

Jada, 52, says she revealed in her book that she and Chris might have had a misunderstanding over the 2016 Oscars.

She said she did not mean to offend him when she supported the #OscarsSoWhite movement and boycotted the award show where Chris was the host.

Chris joked about Jada in his opening speech and later claimed in his Netflix show that Jada asked him to quit as a host.

Jada said she was unaware of the pressure he faced and regrets not calling him to check on him saying, "his feelings might've been hurt."

"… Whatever misunderstanding might’ve been created, what could I have done to avoid that misunderstanding? The one thing that I think about is that call," she said.

Jada Pinkett and Chris Rock apologized to each other

Jada says Chris, 58, called her afterward in 2016, “He apologized and I apologized to him as well,” she said.

“So I actually thought that we were good, that the hatchet was buried between us. And we hadn't talked since then until 2022 came,” she added.

She said Chris came down to the end of the stage and tried to "apologize to me."

"He said, ‘I didn't mean you any harm.’ I said, ‘I can't talk about this now, Chris. This is some old s**t," said Jada, adding "thinking that this was [about] the Oscar 2016."

Jada told People, "I've had my feelings hurt, for sure. I've had my feelings hurt a lot by Chris. But at the end of the day, too, being in the spotlight, it comes with the territory.”

Jada Pinkett said Chris Rock once asked her out on a date

She told People, “I think every summer all the reports would come out that me and Will were getting a divorce," adding "And this particular summer, Chris, he thought that we were getting a divorce."

"So he called me and basically he was like, ‘I'd love to take you out.’ And I was like, ‘What do you mean?’ He was like, ‘Well, aren't you and Will getting a divorce?’ I was like, ‘No. Chris, those are just rumors,'" said Jada.

"He was appalled. And he profusely apologized and that was that," she continued.

Jada Pinkett reveals seven years of separation from Will Smith

In the interview with 'Today' host Hoda Kotb, Jada Pinkett said she and Will Smith have been living “completely separate lives” since 2016.

"It was not a divorce on paper, but it was a divorce,” she added.

“We are still trying to figure out between the two of us how to be in partnership, in regards to how do we present that to people, you know? And we hadn’t figured that out," Jada continued.

In her book, as per reports, she has also reflected on Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, sharing, "I thought, this is a skit."

“I was like, ‘There’s no way that Will hit him,’” Jada, 52, recalled, adding “It wasn’t until Will started to walk back to his chair that I even realized it wasn’t a skit.”

The first words she uttered to Will once they were alone after the show were “Are you okay?”

Internet reacts to 'slap situation' saying it is beginning to make sense

Following the bombshell revelations, Will Smith has earned sympathy as people are stating the slap situation is beginning to make some sense.

"So it was cos Chris asked you out why Smith slapped him?," asked a user while reacting to being asked out by Chris Rock.

"I knew that slap had a back story," added another while a third one commented "Spent years wondering what actually caused that slap Cos it couldn’t have been just a joke Now I know, damn."

"Ahhhh. Things are clearer now,' wrote one while some people termed Jada as evil. "She seems evil," wrote one.

"Jada Pinkett Smith saying she and Will Smith have been separated for seven years makes Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars even more confusing," wrote a user.

Tags news