Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Commentator Martin Tyler stepping down from role at Sky Sports after 33 years

2023-06-17 16:54
Commentator Martin Tyler is stepping down from his role at Sky Sports ahead of the new season after 33 years. The 77-year-old has been the voice of football on Sky since the launch of the Premier League in 1992. In a statement on the Sky Sports website, Tyler said: “In my humble opinion, the huge corporation Sky is today has stemmed from Sky Sports’ innovative and inspired coverage of the Premier League. “It has been a privilege to play a small part in the broadcasting history of the greatest league in the world. “Along the way I have worked alongside legions of wonderful professionals in all aspects of the television industry. I thank them all for their support and expertise. It has been an honour to be a member of a very gifted team.” Tyler worked for ITV throughout the 1980s as the number two to lead commentator Brian Moore, before joining Sky in 1990. His most famous commentary came when Sergio Aguero scored Manchester City’s title-winning goal against QPR in 2012. Gary Hughes, Sky Sports’ director of football, said: “Everyone at Sky Sports would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Martin for his unparalleled contribution and dedication to our coverage over the last 30 years. “‘The Voice’ will always be synonymous with the Premier League and Sky Sports. When you think of commentary, you think of Martin Tyler. “‘Collymore closing in’ (from Liverpool’s 4-3 win over Newcastle in 1996) and ‘Aguerrrrrroooooooooo’ are two of the greatest moments in Premier League history. We thank him and wish him all the very best for the future.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
Commentator Martin Tyler stepping down from role at Sky Sports after 33 years

Commentator Martin Tyler is stepping down from his role at Sky Sports ahead of the new season after 33 years.

The 77-year-old has been the voice of football on Sky since the launch of the Premier League in 1992.

In a statement on the Sky Sports website, Tyler said: “In my humble opinion, the huge corporation Sky is today has stemmed from Sky Sports’ innovative and inspired coverage of the Premier League.

“It has been a privilege to play a small part in the broadcasting history of the greatest league in the world.

“Along the way I have worked alongside legions of wonderful professionals in all aspects of the television industry. I thank them all for their support and expertise. It has been an honour to be a member of a very gifted team.”

Tyler worked for ITV throughout the 1980s as the number two to lead commentator Brian Moore, before joining Sky in 1990.

His most famous commentary came when Sergio Aguero scored Manchester City’s title-winning goal against QPR in 2012.

Gary Hughes, Sky Sports’ director of football, said: “Everyone at Sky Sports would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Martin for his unparalleled contribution and dedication to our coverage over the last 30 years.

“‘The Voice’ will always be synonymous with the Premier League and Sky Sports. When you think of commentary, you think of Martin Tyler.

“‘Collymore closing in’ (from Liverpool’s 4-3 win over Newcastle in 1996) and ‘Aguerrrrrroooooooooo’ are two of the greatest moments in Premier League history. We thank him and wish him all the very best for the future.”

Read More

Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide

Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live