Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Pokimane wear a wig or has naturally curly hair? Twitch star says 'don't care if you don't like it, yo mama loves it'

2023-05-29 15:59
Pokimane's recent response to the community regarding her hair is not the first time she has found herself addressing this issue
Does Pokimane wear a wig or has naturally curly hair? Twitch star says 'don't care if you don't like it, yo mama loves it'

Renowned Twitch personality Imane 'Pokimane' Anys made a comeback on her channel, intending to engage in a session of Valorant gameplay. Before commencing her first game of the day, the streamer noticed a portion of her audience making comments and offering criticisms about her naturally curly hair.

After reading through the comments and criticisms, Pokimane felt a strong urge to address the issue head-on. She wanted to make it clear to her audience that she was not wearing a wig. With unwavering confidence, she articulated her response, stating that she didn't care if the viewers didn't like her hair because she genuinely loved it.

RELATED ARTICLES

Pokimane talks about 'hate campaign' targeting her: 'Do you like everybody who you met? No'

Pokimane: History behind Twitch star's streaming name and how to pronounce it

'Don't care if you don't like it, yo mama loves it'

About thirteen minutes into her live stream on May 28, 2023, Pokimane decided to speak directly to her community regarding her naturally curly hair. She shut down the trolls by saying, "Don't care if you don't like it, yo mama loves it." She informed them that it had been more than a year since she last sported that particular hairstyle.

She stated, "Okay... it's been a year... it's been over a year since I started growing my hair curly a bit more. So, let me get some things out of the way, as we get into this beautiful game of Valorant. Okay? One, I didn't get a perm. God made me this way. Thanks, god! Two, it's not a wig."

Following a lighthearted comment about the criticism surrounding her hair, the Moroccan-Canadian personality disclosed her plans to share a video showcasing her haircare routine in the near future.

Pokimane said, "Four, I'll be coming out with a video, all the products that I recommend and what I do to get my hair like this. All right? All right!" She also posted a YouTube video on her YouTube channel Pokimane Too, editing the stream to post the section where she talks about her hair.

Pokimane's recent response to the community regarding her hair is not the first time she has found herself addressing this issue. On March 26, 2022, the content creator took a firm stance against Twitch viewers' criticisms, urging them to redirect their criticism of her to God. When a viewer said he did not like her curly hair, she responded with, “You know, if you feel that way, you should take it up with God, bro. You should tell him, ‘You shouldn’t have made her this way,’ and maybe he’ll have some arguments for you," reported Dexerto.

'They must have some wacky filter over their eyeballs or something'

The response from the 27-year-old Twitch streamer has caught the attention of viewers on social media, leading to numerous fans sharing their thoughts and opinions on the situation. A user stated, "I honestly think her hair looks amazing when its curly, what's with the hate???" Another user commented, "Your hair is literally gorgeous how do people not like it?? They must have some wacky filter over their eyeballs or something," while a third user jokingly said, "First of curly hair looks breathtaking on you. Second, "your mama loves it" almost killed me."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.