Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'How do we get refunded?' Internet divided as Morgan Wallen cancels 6 more weeks of tour over vocal fold trauma diagnosis

2023-05-10 14:58
One concertgoer sued Morgan Wallen for 'other out-of-pocket expenses they incurred in connection with the concert' despite the singer apologizing
'How do we get refunded?' Internet divided as Morgan Wallen cancels 6 more weeks of tour over vocal fold trauma diagnosis

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Following a recurrence of his vocal cord injury, Morgan Wallen has postponed six more weeks of his tour. After visiting Nashville's Vanderbilt Voice Center on Monday, May 8, the country singer posted took to Instagram to convey "the bad news" he had discovered on Tuesday afternoon, May 9.

Wallen was spotted on stage on Thursday, May 4, one week before he abruptly postponed his performance in Oxford, Mississippi. Before performing at Jacksonville, Florida's VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, Wallen gave fans a health update and apologized for canceling a prior event.

READ MORE

'Doing better': Morgan Wallen back on stage as he reiterates apology for canceling Mississippi concert

Morgan Wallen’s label CEO dismisses allegation that singer was ‘too drunk’ to perform

'I felt terrible'

Wallen revealed to his fans that he's been diagnosed with vocal fold trauma. In a selfie video on social media, Wallen, said, "After taking 10 days of vocal rest, I performed three shows last weekend in Florida," adding that by the third one, he "felt terrible." Wallen, 29, claimed he was told to "go on vocal rest for six weeks" and made the decision to abide by the advice of his physicians. He clarified the verbal statement by saying, "They want me not to talk at all, but they said if I need to, it’s OK for something like this."

The artist who tore his latissimus dorsi muscle, in Australia said he would be using the time away to heal from that as well. Wallen told fans that he and his crew were "working on rescheduling all the dates" of his postponed 'One Night at a Time' performances and pledged to keep everyone "updated."

The Tennessee native added that he would also miss Thursday's ACM Awards ceremony and Wednesday's Academy of Country Music's Lifting Lives event due to the course of therapy he's chosen to follow. He believes he will be able to redeem himself to his followers "next year."

Why did concertgoer sue Morgan Wallen?

After abruptly canceling a performance scheduled for April 23 in Oxford, Mississippi, Wallen, defiantly returned to the stage last week. The concertgoer who was unhappy by the circumstances sued the father-of-one despite his apology for the unusual circumstance, claiming that he was responsible for "other out-of-pocket expenses they incurred in connection with the concert cancellation, including transportation, lodging, food, merchandise sales, transaction fees and other such expenses," as per Page Six.

Why is Morgan Wallen called 'controversial' country singer?

Wallen confessed that the N-word incident in the released video from earlier this year was done unknowingly. After TMZ released a video in February showing Wallen telling a friend to "take care of this p***y a** N-word" after a night out in Nashville, Wallen received a tremendous amount of resentment on social media. The media outlet claims that Wallen's neighbor in Nashville took the footage on January 31, 2021.

On July 23, 2021, Wallen made an appearance on 'Good Morning America', breaking months of silence on the incident. Wallen said to Michael Strahan that he did not mean to use the N-word in an insulting way. He continued by saying that prior to the dispute, he had not considered the word to be incorrect. Wallen said that he had intended his use of the N-word to be "playful," but he later recognized that he had done something incorrect and ignorant, reported Page Six.

'The money isn’t worth your sanity'

Online fans were divided over Wallen's announcement of canceling shows for another six weeks. One set of online fans supported the country singer and hoped for his wellness. One such fan commented, "Lifting you up! You’re doing the right thing. Just wondering if vocalists ever considered doing Thursday and Saturday shows only (once better)? Seems hard on the body and mind performing night after night….The money isn’t worth your sanity." A second fan typed on Instagram, "6 weeks or a lifetime of not hearing Morgan Wallen…I think we all choose a 6 week break! Praying for a smooth recovery. Another follower exclaimed, "Your true fans will always be here and support you no matter what! Many don’t understand that you’re human too. You’ll always have my support!" Someone else commented, "Although this is the right call I’m sure it’s not an easy one. Rest up Morgan, praying for you!!!!!"

However, there's another group of followers who took to Twitter and slammed the singer for his show cancelation decision. One of them sarcastically tweeted, "Does that mean you have to take a break from saying the racial slurs? I’m sure you’re heartbroken." Another social media user commented, "How do we get refunded for tickets we purchased? Supposed to attend the show at Met Life on the 20th but obviously that won't be happening now." Someone else snarked, "He’ll still be partying… I won’t hold my breath. This man could care less about his fans." Another one quipped, "6 weeks of pure joy and happiness, hope you don’t come back!"

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news