Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Darius Jackson deletes girlfriend Keke Palmer from his social media amid backlash for outfit-shaming her

2023-07-07 18:28
Earlier Darius Jackson deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts after being slammed for making offensive comments against Keke Palmer's outfit
Darius Jackson deletes girlfriend Keke Palmer from his social media amid backlash for outfit-shaming her

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: If Keke Palmer's boyfriend Darius Jackson has learned anything in the past 24 hours is that the 'Nope' actor and her fans are not to be trifled with. Jackson appears to have reactivated his social media accounts after deactivating them amid his criticism surrounding his girlfriend. Jackson, 29, publicly shamed Palmer, also 29, online before reportedly deleting every reference to her from his Instagram account.

The fitness instructor deactivated his Instagram and Twitter accounts on Thursday, July 6, after hundreds of Palmer fans lambasted him for criticizing his girlfriend for wearing a revealing outfit to an Usher concert. Jackson is back to his social media accounts, however, there are no traces of his girlfriend on his Instagram account.

Jackson was condemned after he criticized Palmer, 29, for dancing with Usher, 44, to his hit 'There Goes My Baby,' while donning a translucent stretch-tulle Givenchy gown that revealed her buttocks. Jackson appeared to be shocked by Palmer's "showcase booty cheeks" despite the fact that skimpy clothing is currently a popular Hollywood trend. Furthermore, he accused her of trying to "please others," as per Daily Mail.

Darius Jackson is back on social media sans Keke

Following the criticism he experienced for calling out his girlfriend on Wednesday, astute fans observed that Jackson had deactivated his Instagram account. When Jackson later reactivated it, fans pointed out that photographs of Palmer had been deleted. However, pictures of their infant kid, Leodis, continued to appear on his grid. The drama began on Wednesday night after a video of Palmer at Usher's Fourth of July residency performance in Las Vegas in a see-through dress went viral online.

Palmer hasn't directly responded to Jackson's remarks, but in an Instagram post where she revealed more of her revealing appearance, she did make an indirect reference to his remarks. Palmer and Jackson welcomed their first child, Leodis in February this year.

'Keke Palmer’s man stepped out there and made the mistake'

Palmer's fitness instructor partner expressed his disapproval of the 'Nope' actor's most recent outfit choice in a since-deleted post. The enraged boyfriend of the 'Hustlers' actress who has a 4-month-old child with him commented, "It’s the outfit tho.. you a mom," to the now-deleted post. Palmer, however, appeared magnificent, and admirers approved! So they immediately backed Palmer after seeing her boyfriend's message. Some thought Jackson was inappropriate for criticizing Palmer in public.

"Keke Palmer’s man stepped out there and made the mistake of putting an in-house dialogue out there on social media and #TwitterCSI done pulled every receipt but that man’s immunization records. Tough scene," tweeted journalist Jemele Hill. A second person who wrote the same thing agreed, saying, "Keke Palmers baby daddy displayed clown behavior as soon as he decided to try to shame her online. It is completely okay to disagree with your S/O – IN PRIVATE, not for everyone to see."

However, some people believed Jackson's perspective to be troubling in general, regardless of the occasion or setting. One user remarked, "Horrible take I keep seeing. As if the issue with what Darius Jackson said to Keke Palmer is that he said it publicly and not that he said it at all. It was shaming, sexist, and controlling and I’m not here for a man telling a woman what she should not wear in any context."

Jackson was criticized for the rest of the conversation, but he didn't appear to bother as he said, "We live in a generation where a man of the family doesn't want the wife & mother to his kids to showcase booty cheeks to please others & he gets told how much of a hater he is. This is my family & my representation. I have standards & morals to what I believe. I rest my case."

Tags news epcelebs