Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

From MrBeast to Charli D'Amelio, 5 social media influencers who have had serious health scares

2023-06-02 15:56
MrBeast said, 'I’m probably one of the least energetic people you’ll ever meet. I get tired very easily. I take a lot of naps and stuff like that'
From MrBeast to Charli D'Amelio, 5 social media influencers who have had serious health scares

It's truly upto an individual whether they want to share about their health issues or not! However, there's is no denial that, especially for the lesser-known conditions, having someone talking about it publicly can raise awareness among people.

And most importantly, if shared by a social media influencer who has millions of followers can lessen stigma and be a supportive move to fans who may be struggling with something similar to that. Here are some social media stars who have publicly spoken about their health scares.

5 influencers who have serious health scares

1. MrBeast

In a March 2022 podcast, the YouTube King Jimmy Donaldson aka MrBeast opened up about living with Crohn’s disease. He said, "I’m probably one of the least energetic people you’ll ever meet." MrBeast added, "I get tired very easily. I take a lot of naps and stuff like that." Those who have Crohn's disease are often familiar with this kind of situation. Crohn's disease, like many other illnesses, is commonly referred to as an invisible illness because patients who have it often appear to be in excellent health to others. As a result, they may not always receive the acceptance or support they need from their friends, family, and peers.

2. Charli D'Amelio

In September 2020, 19-year-old Charli D'Amelio took to Instagram to share that she has eating disorder. She wrote, "I’ve been afraid to share that I have an eating disorder, but ultimately I hope that by sharing this I can help someone else." D'Amelio continued, "I know eating disorders are something that so many other people are battling behind closed doors." D'Amelio advised her fans to get assistance if they were having problems with their diet. "For anyone that is struggling with this, I know some days can be worse than others," she wrote. D'Amelio added, "I need you to know you are not alone. Remember it's OK to reach out and get help. We all need help sometimes." Further, she added a link to the National Eating Disorders Association.

3. Bella Poarch

Bella Poarch, a TikTok star and musical sensation, opened up about her heartbreaking experience of enduring abuse as a youngster and how it has impacted her mental health in later life during her appearance on the H3 Podcast in 2021. "It was very hard. I had to wake up at 4 am every morning. I had to finish all my chores. I would be sweeping the yard and picking up animal s**t. I would have to clean up really good because if I didn’t, my stepdad would get really mad at me and be like 'You’re not eating breakfast if you don’t get this done,'" she said.

4. Dixie D'Amelio

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) has recently been identified in TikToker Dixie D'Amelio. PMDD, a mood disorder that typically emerges about a week before a woman's menstrual period, has been recognized by experts based on the significant interference it causes in a person's life. D'Amelio openly discussed her diagnosis in a recent Instagram Live session and further addressed it in an episode of the Pretty Basic Podcast.

5. Pokimane

Imane "Pokimane" Anys is renowned as one of the most prominent female broadcasters on Twitch, as well as one of the most popular streamers overall. However, she has made the decision to step back from being a full-time streamer in order to focus on various aspects of her life. This includes dedicating time to travel, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and exploring other content creation avenues such as vlogs and TikToks. During her initial break from streaming, Pokimane revealed to her followers that she has tinnitus, a hearing disorder characterized by a persistent 'ringing' sound in the ears. Tinnitus can have detrimental effects on individuals who experience it, leading to anxiety, sadness, and sleep disturbances.