Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Jason Arcilla? Gwen Stefani dubbed 'mean' as she blocks Reba McEntire to steal 34-year-old dad

2023-10-04 10:49
Gwen Stefani steals 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Jason Arcilla after shocking reveal
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Jason Arcilla? Gwen Stefani dubbed 'mean' as she blocks Reba McEntire to steal 34-year-old dad

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: Gwen Stefani seems to have been inspired by John Legend and Niall Horan's blocking game from 'The Voice' Season 24's last episode. The coach took the chance to block Reba McEntire during Jason Arcilla's performance.

Gwen and Reba both seemed to be the only ones who turned their chair around for Jason and were most enjoying his song. However, Gwen was the first to press the buzzer and turn around her chair.

Seeing Gwen vibe on Jason's song, Reba took her turn as well to turn around the chair. But, very swiftly the coach was blocked by Blake Shelton's wife. After blocking Reba Gwen went on the stage and made a walk on the stage where "blocked" was written in red as the coach made fun of Reba.

Jason introduced himself in the Blind Audition round as a 34-year-old from Kahului, Hawaii. As he sand "Dreams," he claimed it to be close to his heart as it reminded him of good old days,

Jason says, "This song was special to me. This just remind me when I was very young, mom's at home, blasting music, and it's just a really a good song that touches my heart."

Jason has released his lots of musics since 2015. This included 5 EPs. His most recent one is 'Sing in Cursive,' released in 2021.

He has also released 3 singles this year, Fearless,' 'Brimstone,' and 'City Lights.' Jason has performed with some big names, drummer Patrick Travis and bas player Jon Cua.

Gwen Stefani shocked with 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Jason Arcilla's big reveal

Gwen did not believe Jason was a man at first. She says, "when you first came in and you were changing a little bit of rhythm, the melodies, I thought you were a woman." Reba agreed to it.

Gwen called Jason's voice to be "soft, tender, and beautiful."

He then called Jason's voice to be "soothing sounding." And, that's the reason why she pressed the buzzer for Gwen.

'The Voice' coach Gwen Stefani dubbed 'mean' as judge bribes Jason Arcilla to choose Reba McEntire

As John Legend praised Jason's singing, he says, "I was going to be bribing you the chance to work with Reba." This made Gwen feel hurt, and she responded, "Oh my god, that's so mean of you guys."

However, Reba pitched in to support Gwen claiming she is the sweetest person she has known.

On the other hand, Niall went on to slam Gwen saying, "She's mean, she's a good singer." Gwen responded, "I'm not mean."

Gwen Stefani feels sorry for Reba McEntire as she steals 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Jason Arcilla

Gwen and Reba were the only two judges who turned around the chair for Jason. Since Gwen blocked Reab, it was clearly her who got Jason in her team.

As Gwen on the stage to give Jason her jacket, she said, "I'm so sorry Rebaa but I had to."

Gwen further claimed, "To me, it's not really about genre as much it is just about someone that is authentic, original, Jason has such an understated voice. And, that's the kind of voice that I would actually listen to."

'The Voice' Season 24 airs every Monday and Tuesday on NBC at 8 pm ET.