Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Elliot Page reveals transphobic man threatened to attack him outside LA hotel: 'I'm going to f**king gay bash you'

2023-06-06 17:57
Elliot Page was en route to an LA convenience store when a man suddenly started throwing transphobic threats at him
Elliot Page reveals transphobic man threatened to attack him outside LA hotel: 'I'm going to f**king gay bash you'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Elliot Page, 36, known for his roles in 'Juno' and 'The Umbrella Academy,' revealed that he was subjected to a distressing transphobic attack outside his Sunset Strip hotel in Los Angeles in 2022. Page shared details of the harrowing attack, during which a man allegedly threatened him, saying, “I'm going to f**king gay bash you, f**got,” while the actor was en route to a convenience store situated on Sunset Strip and La Cienega in West Hollywood.

Feeling alarmed, Page sought refuge inside the store and asked the employees for help. The aggressor continued his verbal assault, proclaiming, “This is why I need a gun!” Reflecting on the incident, Page expressed a diminished sense of safety, saying, “Now when I'm in Los Angeles, I don't feel comfortable like I used to going for walks,” as reported by the Los Angeles Times.

Elliot Page unveils another disturbing encounter in his memoir

Page, who is busy promoting his memoir 'Pageboy', acknowledged his privilege of being able to afford private security and stay in secure hotel rooms. “Doesn't mean it’s not traumatic,” Page said, adding, “But I have resources that, in every instance that is difficult, protect and can shield me from these things.” This incident follows the Canadian-born entertainer's recent disclosure of another distressing encounter in his memoir.

In the book, Page recounts an incident at a party in Los Angeles in 2014, where an unnamed actor dismissed the existence of his sexuality and made inappropriate comments. In the chapter, titled 'Famous A**hole at Party', Page recounted that an actor who he describes as his “acquaintance” apparently told him, “You aren't gay. That doesn’t exist. You are just afraid of men.” He then told Page, “I’m going to f**k you to make you realize you aren’t gay.” They bumped into each other at the gym a few days later, and the said actor commented, “I don’t have a problem with gay people I swear,” to which Page replied, “I think you might.”

'A lot of queer and trans people deal with it incessantly!'

While the Oscar-nominated actor said he was “purposely not sharing his name,” he told the interaction was witnessed by many people at the party. “But he will hear about this and know it's him.” Page included this incident in his memoir to shed light on the daily challenges faced by the LGBTQ+ community. “I've had some version of that happen many times throughout my life. A lot of queer and trans people deal with it incessantly. These moments that we often like don't talk about or we're supposed to just brush off, when actually it's very awful,” expressed Page.

The 36-year-old continued, “I put that story in the book because it's about highlighting the reality, the s**t we deal with and what gets sent to us constantly, particularly in environments that are predominantly cis and heterosexual. How we navigate that world where you either have more extreme, overt moments like that. Or you have the more, like, subtle jokes. [In Hollywood] these are very powerful people. They're the ones choosing what stories are being told and creating content for people to see all around the world.”

Tags news epcelebs