Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ice-T Offers insights on Tupac case, suggests Keffe D's arrest was a result of him 'talking too much'

2023-10-03 22:27
Ice-T, the celebrated West Coast rap artist, has provided his perspective on the recent arrest of Duane 'Keefe D' Davis for Tupac Shakur's murder
Ice-T Offers insights on Tupac case, suggests Keffe D's arrest was a result of him 'talking too much'

NEW YORK CITY, NEWYORK: Ice-T has offered his perspective on the recent apprehension and indictment of Duane "Keefe D" Davis in connection to the 1996 homicide of the late rap icon Tupac Shakur.

During an interview with AllHipHop, the renowned West Coast rap artist shared his opinion on the most recent advancement in the long-standing unresolved case, expressing his belief that Keffe D's ongoing legal issues are a result of his own actions.

Ice-T's take on the interviews

Ice-T stated, “My initial thought was ‘people talk too much," in reference to the interviews Davis had conducted with DJ Vlad, Art of Dialogue, and various other outlets in recent times.

He also raised questions about why Keefe D had not been taken into custody earlier, considering that authorities were already aware of his participation.

“I think L.A. knew exactly how this thing played out, I just don’t really understand why it took law enforcement so long, because if I say that I’m in a car with somebody that does something, I’m part of the crime. If I go over to your house and ask you for a gun and you give it to me and I go do it, you aided and abetted the crime,” he added.

The 65-year-old went on to attribute Davis' arrest and legal charges to his excessive openness about his involvement in the death of Shakur.

It has been widely believed for a long time that Shakur was killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas, following a confrontation, by Davis' nephew Orlando Anderson.

Shakur sustained multiple gunshot wounds on September 7, 1996, and tragically died six days later, on September 13, 1996, due to his injuries.

“So my point is that with all the interviews and all the books where dude just happened to say it 100 times on interviews he did. ‘I was in the car.’ He said it. No one else said it. He said it. So why? Why? Why would you say that if you didn’t want to get caught? So you know, I got no love for dude. It was a chain of events that should not have ever happened. It’s all out of my realm of understanding,” Ice-T reasoned.

The experienced actor concluded that the reputed gang member is likely to spend the rest of his life in prison, and he stated that Davis' own statements have made the prosecution's case easier.

Predicting Davis' fate

Ice-T pointed out that Davis has named everyone else in the car, essentially sealing his own fate, and there's no need for additional testimony.

In the previous month, Las Vegas Police arrested Davis based on an indictment by a Nevada grand jury, charging him with one count of murder with a deadly weapon.

According to the Associated Press, if convicted, Davis could face an additional 20 years in prison due to sentencing enhancements linked to his acknowledged gang involvement.

While law enforcement has not identified Davis as the gunman in the shooting, they believe he "orchestrated the plan that was carried out."

Internet reacts to Ice-T

Users on Facebook expressed their curiosity about the timing of Davis' arrest, with one user writing, "Why now? He’s been talking about it forever."

Another user showed appreciation for Ice-T's insights, stating, "As usual Ice kicking real knowledge…"

Some users speculated about Davis' future, with one remarking, "God kept him alive for a reason lol he finna be stoned!!"

A Facebook user expressed concern, writing, "They need to take care of him and make sure they catch everyone."

Tags news