Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

KSI takes aims at Jake Paul's 'poor' performance against Nate Diaz: 'I think he regressed'

2023-08-08 17:55
In a recent interview, KSI expressed his perspective, asserting that Paul's performance is deteriorating
KSI takes aims at Jake Paul's 'poor' performance against Nate Diaz: 'I think he regressed'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The much-anticipated showdown between Jake Paul and Nate Diaz unfolded on August 05, 2023, in Dallas. The bout concluded with Paul emerging as the victor, delivering a knockout blow to Diaz in the fifth round. This triumph set the internet abuzz, drawing significant attention and commendation from fans and fellow fighters alike. However, amidst the wave of popularity and praise, there was a notable critic: social media influencer turned boxer KSI.

In a recent interview, KSI expressed his perspective, asserting that Paul's performance is deteriorating. It's worth noting that earlier this year, Paul experienced his inaugural career loss when he faced a split decision defeat against Tommy Fury in February. After analyzing Paul's recent fight, KSI remarked, "I think he’s regressed" further commenting on Paul's skills and playfully taunting his ability to merely survive the rounds. Read on to gain insights into KSI's pointed critique of Paul's latest bout.

KSI takes aims at Jake Paul: ‘I think he regressed’

In a recent conversation with Ariel Helwani, a prominent American journalist, KSI weighed in on the Paul-Diaz match. He asserted, “I feel like he’s regressed, if anything,I don’t think he did very well against an opponent who hardly jabbed.” Then he further said delved into fight experience, “Watching the fight, I was like, ‘Nate isn’t jabbing at all. He’s not setting anything up.”

He began by playfully jesting at Paul's ability to endure the ten rounds, hinting at a lack of assertive engagement and also calling attention to what he perceived as a relatively restrained output, “Jake wasn’t setting anything up. He was just surviving the 10 rounds. Low output, low I.Q. I don’t really understand what Jake was trying to do. I think he tried going ham in the first round, realized he didn’t want to gas out because he had nine more rounds, and then just decided to go at this really slow pace and just survive the 10 rounds while jabbing and moving. That was kind of it.”

KSI didn't stop there; he also directed his attention toward Diaz, critiquing his punching technique and employing a touch of humor to underscore his observations., “I don’t feel like Nate posed a threat. He has pillow hands, especially in the boxing ring. When it comes to MMA, he might be able to knock down someone because of how small the gloves are, but in boxing he doesn’t throw anything from the hip. It’s like he’s slapping. And the amount of shots Jake took was tremendous but it hardly did anything, so that’s why I felt Jake was able to weather the storm and won unanimously, but obviously Nate didn’t jab.”

Expanding his commentary, KSI turned his focus back to Paul, delving into the realm of shot selection and providing further insight into his thoughts on Paul's performance, “I think he regressed, I just felt like the shot selection was poor. I felt like he did well to punch a punching bag, I guess. All Nate was trying to do was the old classic tactic of double guarding, trying to tire his opponent out, taking all the damage, trying to parry stuff, just literally walking down, but Nate doesn’t have any power to be able to do anything with that, and Jake didn’t capitalize. There were hardly any left foot turns, Jake didn’t do enough to the body, he was holding a lot. I just thought it was quite poor, personally.”

‘Mans talk about boxing iq’

After watching the interview with KSI, many fans started sharing their perspectives. One fan said, "Mans talk about boxing iq as if he doesnt just swing wildly every fight😂" Another fan said, "Only reason KSI can go at a faster pace and knock people out is because there are less rounds and he can invest more every round." The third user said, "I will be fascinated to see how KSI does vs Fury compared to Jake. It will be very telling." The fourth user said, "Did he just compare himself to Khabib what is even happening" The last user said, "This dude seriously believes Jake is scared of him, and at the end of the interview tells Ariel that Jake don’t want no part of me bro, he would rather fight Nate in MMA. LOL dude thinks fighting Nate Diaz in a cage is less scary that fighting a low boxing skill, much smaller KSI in boxing. This whole interview is just KSI being as delusional as Jake thinking he will be world champ by 2026.”