Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

David Schwimmer pays a moving tribute to co-star Matthew Perry, internet says 'they were all one big family'

2023-11-16 04:28
David Schwimmer also shared a throwback picture of himself and Matthew Perry on set in his emotional tribute
David Schwimmer pays a moving tribute to co-star Matthew Perry, internet says 'they were all one big family'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: David Schwimmer is reflecting on the loss of his beloved friend and co-star Matthew Perry who died at the age of 54 on October 28.

The actor is paying tribute to his 'Friends' co-star two weeks after Perry died drowning in a jacuzzi in his Los Angeles home, according to People.

David Schwimmer says Matthew Perry had 'impeccable comic timing'

In his tribute to the 'Fools Rush In' actor on Instagram, Schwimmer wrote, "Matty. Thank you for ten incredible years of laughter and creativity."

"I will never forget your impeccable comic timing and delivery. You could take a straight line of dialogue and bend it to your will, resulting in something so entirely original and unexpectedly funny it still astonishes," he continued.

"And you had heart. Which you were generous with, and shared with us, so we could create a family out of six strangers," he wrote.

David Schwimmer shares throwback picture with Matthew Perry

Sharing a picture from the sitcom's season 5 episode, 'The One with All the Thanksgivings,' Schwimmer said, "This photo is from one of my favorite moments with you."

"Now it makes me smile and grieve at the same time. I imagine you up there, somewhere, in the same white suit, hands in your pockets, looking around — 'Could there be any more clouds?'" he added.

Matthew Perry previously talked about 'Friends' show's reunion

Following the group's reunion since the sitcom's finale for HBO Max's 'Friends: The Reunion' special, Perry talked about his affection for his castmates.

"The best way that I can describe it is after the show was over, at a party or any kind of social gathering, if one of us bumped into each other, that was it," Perry said.

"That was the end of the night. You just sat with the person all night long and that was it," he added.

"You apologized to the people you were with, but they had to understand you had met somebody special to you and you were going to talk to that person for the rest of the night. And that’s the way it worked," he continued.

Internet says Matthew Perry 'will be missed so deeply'

Reacting to Schwimmer's tribute to Perry, netizens joined the actor in mourning the loss of the late actor.

"It's beautiful! They were all one big family! And Matthew Perry was not done making us laugh and feel good. He had much more to give and enjoy! He was the best and he'll be missed so deeply," wrote an X (formerly Twitter) user.

"So touching and beautiful said David so so sorry for loss the of your beloved friend Matty this is definitely a tremendous and devastating loss to the world he was a beautiful soul with such an infections smile so funny and so sad just know that he at peace in God kingdom," wrote another user.

Tags news