Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Barbara Palvin and Dylan Sprouse are officially engaged after five years of dating

2023-06-16 03:58
'I knew we were building this story up. So, I’m very happy that we ended up doing it our way,' said Barbara Palvin
Barbara Palvin and Dylan Sprouse are officially engaged after five years of dating

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Dylan Sprouse and Barbara Palvin are officially engaged. The pair announced their engagement on Thursday, June 15 on their individual Instagram profiles.

The announcement came simultaneously with an interview published in V Magazine where the pair detailed their romance. “Sprouse’s to be,” Sprouse who is known for playing Zack Martin on the Disney Channel series 'The Suite Life of Zack & Cody' and its spin-off, 'The Suite Life on Deck' wrote on his Instagram while Palvin, the Hungarian model stated, "With the power invested in V I am a Sprouse to be." Taking fans by surprise, the pair got engaged in September last. "We got engaged in September," Palvin announced, "Holy Cow. Yeah. We didn’t necessarily feel the need to be fully transparent with the public about that aspect of our engagement," Sprouse added.

'I knew we were building this story up'

"I knew we were building this story up. So, I’m very happy that we ended up doing it our way," Palvin said in the interview before adding, "Also, we just want to do it on our time." Palvin was spotted supporting Sprouse at a screening of his new film 'The Duel' in March while donning a sizable diamond ring, igniting engagement speculations as per JustJared. When Sprouse slipped into Palvin's DMs and asked to hook together when he was in New York in 2018, their relationship officially began that year.

'I ghosted him for six months until I got myself back into the picture'

Even though the pair dated for five years officially, they had met eight months prior when they had a short interaction, "and then I ghosted him for six months until I got myself back into the picture," Palvin said with a laugh. Sprouse detailed how Palvin made her way back into his life, as he stated, "We had gone our separate ways for six months, then she hit me up six months later while I was filming this movie. She was like, 'Hey, I’m in New York, do you want to hang out?' I was like, “Look, you picked the worst possible time, Barbara, because I’m going to be in China for six months.” She told me in return, “No, actually, I don’t think it’s the worst time because I’m going to have a campaign out there in about two months.”

What actually brought them closer than polite conversation and other courtesies was "mutual roasting." Sprouse said, "I think the thing that really drew us together was our mutual roasting of each other when we first met. That was something that left a lasting impression." For Palvin, "it is a cliche, but a relationship is work. There’s no human relationship that’s just going to be perfect." She knows there are vulnerabilities and conflicts of opinion but that is all fine and the "key is to always want to work together and not really try to win a fight. Because if one person wins, you both lose.''

Tags news