Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' host Sunny Hostin slammed as she discusses Andrew Tate and toxic masculinity: 'She needs to shut up!'

2023-06-22 11:55
Sunny Hostin has a lot to say about Andrew Tate and fans aren't too pleased
'The View' host Sunny Hostin slammed as she discusses Andrew Tate and toxic masculinity: 'She needs to shut up!'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Andrew Tate has becomes one of the hot topics all around the world, so it would only make sense for ‘The View’ to address him too. Tate has been charged with rape and sex trafficking charges, and the co-hosts had a lot to say about him, including showcasing clips of him from his appearances on podcasts. Whoopi Goldberg, Sunny Hostin, Sara Haines, Joy Behar, and Alyssa Farah Griffin all chimed in when it came to talking about Tate, but Hostin stood out to the viewers.

Hostin has often been under the spotlight and a lot of scrutiny, especially after her recent row with Griffin on ‘The View.’ The fans had barely gotten over criticizing Hostin for cutting off Griffin, and now they have moved on to her thoughts about Tate. Hostin had a lot to say about toxic masculinity in relation to the infamous Tate, and the fans weren’t pleased.

‘Really gross and horrible’

As Goldberg starts talking about Tate, Hostin is quick to chime in, “He’s been around though; he had a lot of followers.” Hostin then goes on to say, “I think he’s…they’re talking to young men when I think parents and teachers aren’t talking to young men enough. I think he filled this weird gap but he is teaching them toxic masculinity.” Hostin details the first time she ever heard about Tate as she recalls the experience, “I first heard about him when I was driving my son and two or three of his friends somewhere and they were on YouTube or whatever, and they were giggling, and I’m thinking what I hear sounds really gross and horrible, can you raise the volume on that?”

She then explained to her son and his friends that what they were hearing was "toxic masculinity" and "inappropriate." Hostin earned scattered applause from the audience when she said, “I think the issue is, not enough of us are teaching our boys and men, what’s right and what’s wrong.” While the live audience on ‘The View’ might have applauded, the internet didn’t feel the same way.

‘She needs to shut up!’

‘The View’ and Hostin shared a brief clip on Instagram where Hostin talks about Tate and toxic masculinity and the comment section wasn’t pleased. One person commented, “As soon as she starts talking I stop listening…” That was only the beginning as another comment read, “She needs to shut up !!!!” when addressing Hostin. People took offense to the term ‘toxic masculinity’ quoted by Hostin as one wrote, “Toxic masculinity is a term used by misandrists. How would she feel if people accused her of ‘toxic femininity’? Why does she have no respect for males?” Those who didn’t address Hostin’s talking points, addressed her earrings instead as one wrote, “How can she hear with all those diamonds in her ears? She needs to teach her kids not to cling on to material things such as all the bling that is on her ears.” And another also commented, “What kind of earrings is she wearing???” One viewer summed up the emotions of several viewers towards Hostin as they wrote, “when she started, TV OFF.”

Tags news epcelebs