Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Stephen Colbert's monologue with gags about Donald Trump and Lauren Boebert is a hit among 'Late Show' fans

2023-10-03 20:55
On his return to 'The Late Show', Stephen Colbert delivered a long monologue recalling key events that took place during his five-month hiatus
Stephen Colbert's monologue with gags about Donald Trump and Lauren Boebert is a hit among 'Late Show' fans

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert made a triumphant return to the screens on the night of Monday, October 2, after the resolution of the WGA strikes, which began in May.

No time was wasted as he plunged headfirst into the political pool, unleashing jokes about Donald Trump and Lauren Boebert, among others.

Colbert's monologue comes after Jimmy Kimmel took on the role of co-host on the all-star podcast, 'Strike Force Five', candidly revealing that he had come close to crossing the picket line in relation to discussions about the former president's weight.

Stephen Colbert brings back his Eric Trump impersonation

Stephen Colbert revived his scorching impression of Eric Trump, pondering how the ex-president might steer the ship from behind bars if he snags victory in the upcoming election while in confinement.

"If he wins, he might be able to veto bills from Cellblock A. I’m sure you’re asking, 'How would he even get the veto pen in there?'" quipped Colbert, adding, "Let’s just say on visitation days, Eric will be walking funny."

In a theatrical moment, Colbert hilariously mimicked Eric's painful trek to visit his father, Donald Trump.

Stephen Colbert takes a dig at Lauren Boebert

Stephen Colbert also didn't miss the chance to mention the antics of far-right Rep Lauren Boebert, who got the boot from a "Beetlejuice" musical performance for vaping, taking snaps, causing a ruckus, and allegedly getting a bit too touchy-feely with her date.

"Officials reported she was 'causing a disturbance,' which turns out was code for 'yanking her date’s crank at a family-friendly show", cheekily remarked Colbert, adding, "According to witnesses, she was apparently trying to start him like a lawnmower."

Colbert, always the entertainer, didn't miss a beat as he offered a hilarious reenactment of the eyebrow-raising incident.

'Late Show' fans react to Stephen Colbert's return

Soon after the episode was aired, fans couldn't wait to comment their views on Stephen Colbert returning to the show after a five-month hiatus.

One user wrote, ""Oh hey cool, Colbert is back, I'll have to watch tomorrow morning." *sees the guest is Neil DeGrasse Tyson* "Well I guess I'll just watch the monologue"."

Another stated, "Currently watching the late night monologues from Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel and after that strike I have a whole new level of appreciation for how funny these jokes are. I haven't laughed at a late night joke in a long time and it feels so good."

Another comment read, "Stephen Colbert is BACK Late Night is going to be awesome tonight He should do a 30 minute monologue on ALL the BATS**T Craziness he's missed LMFAO."

Tags news