Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Old Kirsten Dunst comment about kissing Brad Pitt when she was 11 and he was 31 sends shockwaves through Internet

2023-08-08 14:50
In a resurfaced interview clip, Kirsten Dunst describes feeling 'awkward' about kissing the then-31-year-old actor Brad Pitt
Old Kirsten Dunst comment about kissing Brad Pitt when she was 11 and he was 31 sends shockwaves through Internet

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In the enthralling world of Hollywood, young talents often find themselves faced with unique challenges as they embark on their acting careers. For Kirsten Dunst, her breakthrough role in the 1994 film 'Interview With The Vampire' marked a defining moment, but it also brought her face-to-face with a somewhat uncomfortable experience.

At just 11 years old, Dunst shared a pivotal on-screen kiss with the seasoned actor Brad Pitt, who was 31 at the time. As her portrayal of Claudia, a 10-year-old girl turned into a vampire, captivated audiences, behind the scenes, she grappled with feelings of awkwardness about the intimate scene. Now, a resurfaced interview has sent shockwaves through the internet, sparking discussions among netizens.

'Why would I enjoy kissing him?'

The resurfaced interview, making its rounds on TikTok nearly 30 years later, offers an intimate glimpse into Dunst's candid thoughts on the past. In the interview, she openly discusses how she felt "awkward" about the kissing scene because, in her words, "he's a man, so why would I enjoy kissing him?" Even after being questioned about it again, the then-12-year-old reiterated her stance, emphasizing Pitt's age of 31, making it clear that he was not someone she perceived as a boy. "Brad is 31, I mean, he's not exactly a boy," she said.

@nomorelatefees Replying to @nomorelatefees The fact she had to do that scene was bad enough but why would the interviewer even question her about not liking it. #Hollyweird #KirstenDunst #samanthamathis #bradpitt ♬ original sound - No More Late Fees Podcast

'She was a baby!'

TikTok users who watched the clip agreed with her, with one saying, "The fact that she had to explain?" Another commented, "They expected her to have a different answer?" while a third asked, "What does Brad Pitt think of it?" Someone else wrote, "She had to explain TWICE," while another exclaimed, "She was a baby!" Others praised Dunst for expressing her reservations at such an early age. One person wrote, "it's amazing she voiced her concerns." "The way she had the most sense," wrote another, while a third added, "She's so well spoken at that age and pretty fearless." Another asked, "Why did they push it, she was so calm and rational."

'I thought it was disgusting'

Dunst's reflections on the kissing scene with Pitt have been a subject of interest for many years. Over time, the actress has encountered questions about the scene in numerous interviews, allowing her to candidly address her feelings about the experience. Speaking on Conan in 2014, she said, "I thought it was disgusting. I was 11, it would've been weird if I was like 'this is amazing.'"

Tags news epcelebs