Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Madonna feels 'grateful' as she breaks silence after being hospitalized for 'serious bacterial infection'

2023-07-11 02:26
'I have felt your love. I'm on the road to recovery and incredibly grateful for all the blessings in my life,' Madonna said
Madonna feels 'grateful' as she breaks silence after being hospitalized for 'serious bacterial infection'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Madonna is speaking out for the first time after being hospitalized in June due to a "serious bacterial infection," that left her fans worried about her health. The Queen of Pop took to Instagram to thank her fans and followers for their "positive energy, prayers and words of healing and encouragement." She said, "I have felt your love. I'm on the road to recovery and incredibly grateful for all the blessings in my life."

Talking about her thought while being hospitalized, the 64-year-old said, "My first thought when I woke up in the hospital was my children. My second thought was that I did not want to disappoint anyone who bought tickets for my tour. I also didn't want to let down the people who worked tirelessly with me over the last few months to create my show. I hate to disappoint anyone."

Madonna shares details of new dates of her 'Celebration' world tour

In the Instagram post shared on Monday, July 10, Madonna revealed her plans to hit the road and revealed the dates for her 'Celebration' world tour which was postponed due to her hospitalization. "My focus now is my health and getting stronger and I assure you, I'll be back with you as soon as I can! The current plan is to reschedule the North American leg of the tour and to begin in October in Europe. I couldn't be more grateful for your care and support. Love, M," she wrote.

The 'Masterpiece' singer's longtime manager Guy Oseary posted on Instagram on June 28 to confirm Madonna's hospitalization. "On Saturday, June 24, Madonna developed a serious bacterial infection which [led] to a several-day stay in the ICU. Her health is improving, however, she is still under medical care. A full recovery is expected. At this time we will need to pause all commitments, which includes the tour," Oseary wrote.

The Grammy winner returned home four days after she was hospitalized and continued her recovery at her home. A source close to the singer said, "She's feeling better and following the doctor's orders and resting," according to People.

Madonna 'just continues to push herself beyond the limit'

In January, Madonna announced her 'Celebration' tour which she told her fans was planned to commemorate her music career spanning 40 years. Prioritizing the shows, she had been working hard in rehearsals and an industry insider shared she "ignored some symptoms of illness for quite a while because she thought they would go away. But she didn’t want to take time away from rehearsals."

The source further added that Madonna "was run down and not feeling 100 percent for a while in anticipation of her tour." Another source shared that "Madonna has been very busy for a long time and not taking care of herself. She just continues to push herself beyond the limit,"

Tags news epcelebs