Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Inside Kim Cattrall's feud with Sarah Jessica Parker that almost brought down the world's most popular TV show

2023-06-01 16:45
Kim Cattrall is reportedly all set to make a surprise cameo in Season 2 of ‘And Just Like That’ despite her bitter feud with Sarah Jessica Parker
Inside Kim Cattrall's feud with Sarah Jessica Parker that almost brought down the world's most popular TV show

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Kim Cattrall is reportedly all set to make a surprise cameo in Season 2 of ‘And Just Like That’ despite her feud with Sarah Jessica Parker. The 66-year-old star will reprise her role as Samantha Jones from 'Sex and The City' while appearing in just one "cliffhanger" scene that she filmed on March 22 in New York City, without seeing or speaking with the rest of the cast.

As per Variety, Cattrall's cameo was so secretive that nobody even saw her name on the call sheet for the day, which left everyone surprised when she appeared. The staffers were "definitely shocked, very intrigued about how they’re gonna write this in - and very excited. She said she’d never do it! She said she’d never come back!" according to an insider. The unexpected reveal will both delight and shock 'SATC' fans as Cattrall had refused to ever reprise her beloved role amid explosive drama with the showrunners and the lead star, Parker.

How did Kim Cattrall's feud with Sarah Jessica Parker start?

The rumors of a feud between Parker and Cattrall first made headlines in 2004 when it was noticed that the latter ditched her co-stars and sat by herself during the Emmy Awards. The same year, when the final season of ‘Sex and the City’ was being filmed, Cattrall sat down for an interview on ‘Friday Night With Jonathan Ross' and briefly vented about the financial factors that resulted in the show's cancellation after six seasons. "I felt after six years it was time for all of us to participate in the financial windfall of Sex and the City. When they didn’t seem keen on that I thought it was time to move on,” she said at that time according to Entertainment Tonight.

Reflecting on these claims, 'SATC' showrunner Michael Patrick King revealed that Parker was the biggest star when the show began and was paid accordingly. However, as the show took off, the other three co-leads, Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon and Kristen Davis, felt this it was unfair. A year later, Parker finally broke her silence and refuted rumors that she had any ill will toward Cattrall at all. "I don't think anybody wants to believe that I love Kim. I adore her. I wouldn't have done the movie without her. Didn't and wouldn't,” she told Elle Magazine. Cattrall and Parker kept shutting down any rumors about bad blood between them until 2017 when the former called out the latter after denying her involvement in a third ‘Sex and the City’ movie.

'She could have been nicer'

During a 2017 interview with Piers Morgan, Cattrall claimed that she has been stating there won't be and shouldn't be a third 'SATC' film from the beginning. "At this very moment, it’s quite extraordinary to get any kind of negative press about something that I’ve been saying for almost a year," she said. The actress also expressed that Parker "could have been nicer" about telling fans that 'SATC 3' would never happen. "This is really where I take to task the people from Sex and the City, specifically Sarah Jessica Parker in that I think she could have been nicer,” she said, adding, "I really think she could have been nicer... I don’t know what her issue is, I never have."

During an interview, Cattrall added that she and Parker were never friends. "We’ve never been friends. We‘ve been colleagues and in some ways, it’s a very healthy place to be because then you have a clear line between your professional life and relationship and your personal."

Following the interview, Parker revealed that Cattrall's claims left her heartbroken. "I found it very upsetting because that’s not the way I recall our experience. It’s sad, but I always think that what ties us together was this singular experience. It was a professional experience but it became personal because it was years and years of our lives, so I hope that that eclipses anything that’s been recently spoken,” she said while appearing on 'Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen'.

'I don't need your love'

In 2018, Parker and Cattrall’s "feud" escalated further when the latter blasted the former for talking about her brother, Chris, who was found dead in his California apartment. After it was revealed that Chris died by suicide, Parker came out to support Cattrall. However, Cattrall believed that Parker’s “condolences” did more harm than good. "I don't need your love or support at this tragic time @sarahjessicaparker," Cattrall posted on Instagram.

"My Mom asked me today 'When will that @sarahjessicaparker, that hypocrite, leave you alone?' Your continuous reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now," she continued.

Following the harsh comments, Parker again denied that she played a part in the tensions between herself and Cattrall. The actress revealed that she would not be OK with Cattrall reprising her role as Samantha. "I don't think I would, because I think there's just too much public history of feelings on her part that she's shared. I haven't participated in or read articles, although people are inclined to let me know,” she told ET Online. However, while it was revealed Cattrall was making a comeback in the 'SATC' spin-off, it was unclear if she was still at loggerheads with Parker.

Tags news epcelebs