Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Chandler and Gunther in heaven': Fans envision 'Friends' stars reuniting as James Michael Tyler's widow pays Matthew Perry tribute

2023-10-31 18:52
James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther in 'Friends', died of prostate cancer in 2021
'Chandler and Gunther in heaven': Fans envision 'Friends' stars reuniting as James Michael Tyler's widow pays Matthew Perry tribute

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The world is still trying to come to terms with the unexpected loss of Matthew Perry, who died tragically on Saturday, October 28 in his Los Angeles home.

While the world is still grieving, the words of Jennifer Carno, the widow of James Michael Tyler, evoked an array of bittersweet emotions for fans.

Tyler, who was known for playing the ‘seventh’ friend Gunther in the popular NBC sitcom ‘FRIENDS’, died on October 24, 2021. He was 59 and battled stage four prostate cancer for three years.

Tyler’s widow Carno, who spoke to Daily Mail, paid a heartfelt tribute to Perry and said Gunther will take care of Chandler in Heaven.

Carno admitted she was “stunned” and “devastated” by the news of Perry’s death and said, “I had just gathered a few close friends of Michael's at Hollywood Forever Cemetery to visit his grave on the two-year anniversary of his passing.”

She added, “The sudden loss of Matthew Perry - only four days later - has left us stunned and, quite frankly, devastated.”

However, she saw the silver lining that the two co-stars who played best friends on screen are now together up in heaven.

She recalled, “Michael was very spiritual and spoke openly during his last few months about what he was starting to see on the other side. He told me one morning: “I am going to be very busy over there. I have work to do.” So, Matt, he’s got you. You’re going to be okay. He’s setting up a tennis match right now.'”

Carno also added, “We send our condolences to your family, friends, and fans. Keep making tributes. I can say from my own experience, we see those tributes and we love you.”

Carno’s statement comes in line with the tributes from other fans who also found comfort in thinking that the two late actors now have each other for company.

Matthew Perry mourned James Michael Tyler's death in 2021

In October 2021, when Tyler died after suffering from prolonged prostate cancer, Perry mourned his death in a social media post.

He wrote, "We lost a good Friend yesterday in James Michael Tyler. Gunther, you will be missed. Read in Peace."

'The One With The Reunion In Heaven'

Fans envisioned Chandler reuniting with Gunther in heaven. They also hypothesized that Tyler would be waiting for Perry up there with a cup of coffee.

One of the fans put it succinctly, "RIP Matthew Perry. Gunther welcomes Chandler to the Central Perk in the sky, with a coffee."

Another fan posted a short clip from 'Friends' showcasing the heartwarming camaraderie of the duo and declared, "This is how I like to think of Chandler and Gunther in Heaven."

"Chandler’s gonna have coffee with gunther," said someone else.

Another fan shared, "This made me cry. rest in peace, gunther and chandler bing :((."

With a collage of Perry and Tyler's stills from the show, a fan wrote, "Matthew Perry is in good company up there in Heaven though. I'm sure James Michael Tyler was there to greet him. Chandler and Gunther will save everyone else a seat at Central Perk."

"I would like to think this is how Gunther is waiting for chandler up in heaven," said someone else.

A fan hypothesized, "I think Gunther met Chandler at the Pearly Gates with a coffee and Chandler gave him a a cigarette. #RIPMathewPerry."

"“The One With The Reunion In Heaven” Back together too soon. “Coffee?” In Loving Memory of these 2 stars of the popular TV show ‘Friends’. Matthew ‘Chandler’ Perry & James Michael ‘Gunther’ Taylor reunited," remarked another.

"Chandler and Gunther in that great coffee house in the sky," a heartbroken fan wrote.

Tags news