Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Whoopi Goldberg rip note card? 'The View' star shuts down co-host Ana Navarro's intimate questions on live TV

2023-07-18 15:17
During a recent ‘The View’ segment, Whoopi Goldberg brutally mocked Ana Navarro as she clearly disregarded intimate questions about her life
Why did Whoopi Goldberg rip note card? 'The View' star shuts down co-host Ana Navarro's intimate questions on live TV

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ABC’s ‘The View’ longtime host Whoopi Goldberg has recently shut down co-host Ana Navarro on live TV as she rips off the note card following the latter’s intrusive question about Goldberg’s personal life.

During a recent ‘The View’ segment, Whoopi Goldberg brutally mocked Ana Navarro as she clearly disregarded intimate questions about her life. On Monday’s episode, the ladies discussed about former love affairs as Goldberg kicked off the segment after introducing an article by The Guardian. While Goldberg, Navarro, Sara Haines, Alyssa Farah Griffin, and Sunny Hostin talked about the Hot Topic, the award-winning actress signaled producers to cut a commercial break when the question came up on live TV.

Why did Whoopi Goldberg rip the note card?

Goldberg, 67, sparked a discussion on love by introducing an article from The Guardian that explored why people’s “first love can shape their lives forever." She asked her co-hosts individually if they believed in the article's claims. Sunny Hostin agreed that first love shapes a person, while Alyssa Farah Griffin did not. On the other hand, Ana Navarro couldn't recall the feelings from her first love, while Sara Haines “absolutely believed” in the transformative power of first love. When Ana redirected the question to Goldberg, the comedian ignored it. She said, “We’ll be right back," signaling a commercial break to the show’s producers by tearing up her notecard.

Whoopi Goldberg’s rusty behavior

Whoopi Goldberg has shown a willingness to ignore co-hosts and production if she believes it is necessary. In a heated debate on ‘The View’ about President Joe Biden's classified document scandal, Goldberg disregarded a producer's request and continued to express her point of view. While discussing the controversy, Goldberg emphasized the importance of waiting for all the information before forming opinions. As other co-hosts interjected, she clarified that her views were her own. She said, “I'm going to say this again. I think that it really will depend on what's in those boxes, because if in-fact Presidents have the ability to declassify things than you know...”. She continued, “The problem for me is I want us to wait and get all the information and know what we're talking about, you know”. While she was giving her viewpoint, Hostin interjected and prompted Goldberg to clarify her views as she said, “This is what I think. This is just me saying, [President] Joe didn't say it." The comedian continued before segueing to a commercial break. Despite producers attempting to prompt her to stop speaking by playing background music, Goldberg remained undeterred and continued sharing her perspective until the show went on a commercial break.