Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Adin Ross: Broadcaster's statement about streaming leaves NBA pro Dennis Schroder baffled

2023-05-16 18:26
Adin Ross, who has always been outspoken, is now in the news for a statement that apparently shows his lack of respect for athletes
Adin Ross: Broadcaster's statement about streaming leaves NBA pro Dennis Schroder baffled

Kick streamer Adin Ross has caused a rift between streamers and athletes after making a controversial statement that being a broadcaster is harder than being a professional basketball player. The statement, made during a recent live stream, left NBA star Dennis Schroder shocked and sparked a heated debate on social media.

Adin Ross is a popular and controversial Twitch streamer who has been in the headlines for the past several months. Meanwhile, Dennis Schroder is a German professional basketball player who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers. He has over 297k followers on Kick.

READ MORE

Adin Ross gives two cents about Ja Morant controversy, calls him 'thug'

Adin Ross warns HasanAbi of legal battle amid ongoing feud: 'I'll see you in court'

'My Job is a lot harder'

Known for his outspoken personality, Adin Ross has not shied away from controversy in the past. However, he managed to acquire a considerable audience on Kick after moving to the platform following some issues with Twitch. As streaming has become one of the internet’s largest forms of entertainment, broadcasters from every country have started to pursue careers in streaming. Many famous YouTubers have evolved into streamers and migred to platforms such as Twitch and Kick.

During a recent live stream, Adin made a controversial statement with basketball pro player Dennis Schroder. Adin stated that his job as a live streamer was harder than being a professional basketball player. “If you think about it — I’m gonna be honest, bro. My job is a lot harder than you guys’ job, okay? I’m just being honest,” he said. The opinion was clearly not palatable for Schroder, who disagreed with a “no” and shook his head. However, Ross insisted “Yes!” He argued, “Bro, all you guys do — you dribble a ball and shoot or drive, bro. I’m gonna be honest, I have to sit here and -” A confused Schroder responded, “Basketball is not just about shooting and dribbling.”

'Streaming is not a job'

Fans and followers of both Adin Ross and Dennis Schroder soon made their opinions known. Some praised Adin Ross for his bold statement and his willingness to speak his mind, while others criticized him for his apparent lack of respect for professional sports and athletes. One of the fans stated on Twitter, "Honestly streaming is probably more mentally draining than the NBA." Another user said, "Well it is? streaming is harder than being a solider on the front lines so obviously its harder than the NBA 🙄"

Meanwhile, another user wrote in support for Dennis, "Well i mean straight away he was wrong in saying he had a job, streaming is not a job, a job requires work."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news