Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Pete Davidson in rehab for borderline personality disorder and PTSD, source says 'he's taking a well-deserved break'

2023-06-29 06:24
'Pete (Davidson) regularly goes to rehab for ‘tune ups’ so that’s what’s happening,' a source revealed
Pete Davidson in rehab for borderline personality disorder and PTSD, source says 'he's taking a well-deserved break'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Peter Davidson is seeking help for his borderline personality disorder and PTSD! According to sources, the ‘Saturday Night Live’ alum is in the same rehab in Pennsylvania where his friend and colleague John Mulaney stayed for drink and drug issues. As per one friend, “Pete regularly goes to rehab for ‘tune ups’ and to take a mental break, so that’s what’s happening.”

The star recently had to apologize to the head of animal charity PETA after he left a degrading rant on her answer phone. Pete was also booked for reckless driving this month after he smashed his car into a Beverly Hills home. An insider told Page Six, “Anyone who knows Pete knows that he will always step up and get help when he knows he needs it. He has a lot of people in his corner who love him and support him and are proud of him.” It added, “[He’s] taking a well-deserved break so he can focus on himself and learn to better deal with his PTSD issues.”

'I was always just so confused'

The 29-year-old was driving the car with his girlfriend Chase Sui Wonders in the passenger seat, when he lost control of the car and crashed into a house in March this year. Comedian Mulaney revealed that Davidson called him when he was seeking help in rehab. “Some people suggested that he and I did drugs together because he has tattoos and I am plain. We must be up to witchcraft!” he joked.

Davidson in an earlier interview told Variety, “I got diagnosed with BPD a few years ago and I was always just so confused all the time and just thought something was wrong and didn’t know how to deal with it. Then, when somebody finally tells you, the weight of the world feels lifted off your shoulders. You feel so much better.”

'I’m always depressed, all the time'

Talking about his struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts, he told radio host Charlemagne Tha God in February 2020, “I’m always depressed, all the time. I have to constantly bring myself out of it.”

Davidson recently appeared in the Peacock show 'Bupkis' which is loosely based on his life in Staten Island. It also brings his strings of high-profile affairs, including Ariana Grande, Kim Kardashian, and Kate Beckinsale.