Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Ice Spice's mentor? Rapper praises Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj for giving her 'so much advice'

2023-07-08 16:17
Ice Spice collaborated with Taylor Swift on the remix of 'Karma' and worked with Nicki Minaj for the AQUA-assisted 'Barbie World' track
Who is Ice Spice's mentor? Rapper praises Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj for giving her 'so much advice'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Ice Spice, a rising rapper, has experienced a remarkable year filled with high-profile collaborations. However, her collaborations with top artists like Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj have provided her with more than just chart success. In a recent interview, the rapper shared how both Swift and Minaj have taken on mentorship roles in her life.

In May, Ice Spice and Swift collaborated on the remix of 'Karma' which was featured on the 'Midnights (Til Dawn Edition)' release. Additionally, Ice Spice had the opportunity to join Swift on stage for three shows at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. During these performances, they debuted a music video that they had created together.

Who is Ice Spice's mentor?

Ice Spice revealed that Swift had been listening to Ice Spice's 'Like..?' during rehearsals for her Eras Tour. "I was like, ‘You f**k with my project? Like, what?'" Ice told Guardian. "She’s so sweet – I was so obsessed with how humble she was and willing to work. She gives me so much advice – we talk all the time and she’s so funny. But I can’t say what she be telling me."

The 'Karma' remix achieved significant success on the Billboard Hot 100, reaching its peak position at No. 2. This accomplishment tied it with 'Lavender Haze' as the second-highest charting single from Ice Spice's album 'Midnights'. Interestingly, it was Ice Spice who came up with the idea for the collaboration, as revealed by the rapper. She reached out through her team, saying, "Hey, Ice has been a big fan of Taylor’s since she was a little kid, would love to collaborate if that was ever something that came about.'"

'[Nicki Minaj] be telling me to learn from her mistakes'

In addition to Swift, Ice Spice has found a valuable collaborator in Grammy-nominated rap icon Nicki Minaj. The two New York rappers have joined forces on two successful tracks that reached the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100: 'Princess Diana' (reaching No. 4) and the AQUA-assisted 'Barbie World' (reaching No. 7).

Ice Spice highlighted in the interview how much she has gained from her time spent with Minaj, acknowledging the valuable lessons and insights she has learned from the experienced rapper. "She be telling me to learn from her mistakes – just watching her in general, if you pay close enough attention, you gonna see what you should do," Ice said. "I love to talk to her about things that I can’t talk about publicly – it just means so much to be able to have somebody like her."

She has achieved a fourth top 10 hit with the song 'Boy's a Liar, Pt 2', a collaboration with PinkPantheress that features Jersey-infused vibes. The track's popularity and chart success further solidify Ice Spice's position as a rising star in the music industry.