Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Are Jonathan Major and Meagan Good married? Disgraced 'Creed' star calls actress his 'missus'

2023-09-25 14:45
Jonathan Majors sparks marriage rumors with Meagan Good in Washington DC
Are Jonathan Major and Meagan Good married? Disgraced 'Creed' star calls actress his 'missus'

WASHINGTON, DC: Jonathan Majors is leaving no stone unturned to fuel his marriage rumors with Meagan Good as he called the ‘Harlem’ actress “missus” during the Black and White Gala in Washington DC on Saturday, September 23.

Majors, 36, sparked the marriage rumor when he was awaiting his trial in a domestic abuse allegation for which he was arrested in March 2023.

During the event at the Congressional Black Caucus’ eighth annual Black and White Gala, Good, 42, was co-hosting with Larenz Tate.

In the clip that went viral, Good told the crowd, “We’re just so happy to be here with y’all tonight, celebrating us, celebrating the moves we’re making, celebrating the way we love and support each other, the way that we shift the world. Let’s enjoy ourselves!”

The ‘Day Shift’ actress continued, “So many beautiful Black faces. I love us, y’all!”

“We are so beautiful! That’s all I got. I’m just happy to be here and I love y’all!” Good addressed the crowd before turning the mic to Majors and asking, “Babe, you want to say anything?”

At that, the ‘Creed III’ star remarked, “Y’all heard the missus, so that’s what it is," per People.

Jonathan Majors and Meagan Good's dating history

Per Essence, Majors and Good first sparked the rumor of their romance when Good had been a pillar of “support” for the Marvel actor facing domestic abuse charges.

On May 20, Majors and Good were seen catching a flight together from New York City to Los Angeles. Paparazzi caught the couple holding hands, chatting, and grabbing food for the journey.

In May, TMZ reported that the duo started dating with a a source close to the stars confirming to the outlet that their relationship was “fairly new.”

The couple has been spotted on a few lunch dates throughout the months of May and June.

Per Page Six, on one occasion, the ‘Lovecraft Country’ alum and Good were accompanied for lunch at Red Lobster by the ‘Think Like a Man’ actress’s mother Tyra Wardlow-Doyle, and her older sister, La’Myia Good.

In early June, the ‘Cousin Skeeter’ actress and her rumored husband were seen shopping for designer carpets from a home decor store in Los Angeles.

Good has accompanied the ‘Loki’ actor on a couple of occasions during his court appearances.

While her first appearance was in June, she accompanied the ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ star during his August appearance.

According to a source who told Entertainment Tonight, the couple was also enjoying an upbeat mood, "His upbeat mood is very noticeable. He was smiling and laughing and seemed completely relaxed.”

The eyewitness further added, "Meagan even looked back at some of the other courthouse attendees and smiled."

The source revealed that their appearance was packed with subtle PDAs too as they said, "They weren’t shy about a little PDA! Meagan kept her arm around his shoulder, tickled his back, and even gave him a couple kisses on his shoulder and head.”

Who was Meagan Good's previous husband?

Good was previously married to DeVon Franklin whom she wed in 2012. Nine years after their marriage, the former couple decided to split in December 2021.

Their divorce was finalized in June 2022, a week after what would have been their 10th anniversary.

She said to Essence in an interview, "It's nothing that I would have ever chosen, and when I realized that it was happening, I was devastated," as reported by People.

She continued, "I was like, 'This is me, Lord. I did everything that I could do to the best of my ability. I don't understand why I did all these things, and then this is my end result.'"

'So Meagan Good and Jonathan Majors got married?'

Fans are ecstatic at the speculation of the couple's secret marriage as they flooded the social media site X (formerly Twitter).

One of the fans quizzed, "So Meagan Good and Jonathan Majors got married?"

Someone else took a moderate approach as they congratulated the couple on their speculated rumored nuptial, "Congratulations to Jonathan Majors and Meagan Good on their public appearance, they looked amazing together!"

However, another netizen did not take that much of a restrained approach as they said, "What do you mean meagan good and jonathan majors maybe got married in dc last night."

"I woke up and just found out ….. ushers doing the SB and Jonathan Majors & Meagan Good are married," remarked another astonished fan.

Another congratulated, "It’s been whirlwind courtship for Meagan Good and Jonathan Majors but they made it work and seem to have gotten married. Congrats to the lovely couple. Black love for the win."

A fan of the duo commented, "If she’s still with Jonathan Majors after all the ish he’s been though than Meagan Good deserves the ring!"

Allegations of domestic abuse against Jonathan Majors

Per ET, Majors’ ex-girlfriend accused Majors of striking her with “an open hand,” which led to "substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear."

She further accused Majors of “causing swelling, bruising, and substantial pain to her finger" by grabbing her hand.

She also claimed the actor put his hand on her neck "causing bruising and substantial pain."

The ‘White Boy Rick’ star however denied all the accusations with his attorney Priya Chaudhry telling the news outlet, "Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone. We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated."

Tags news