Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Lauren Miller Rogen OK? Seth Rogen's wife reveals 'terrifying information' that saw her opt for surgery

2023-10-14 23:20
Lauren Miller Rogen, wife of actor Seth Rogen, revealed she had surgery to treat a brain aneurysm
Is Lauren Miller Rogen OK? Seth Rogen's wife reveals 'terrifying information' that saw her opt for surgery

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Lauren Miller Rogen, the 42-year-old actress and wife of actor-producer Seth Rogen, revealed that she had surgery to have a brain aneurysm removed.

She shared details about her treatment during her speech at the UCLA Department of Neurosurgery Visionary Ball in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, on October 11.

Dementia runs in Lauren Miller Rogen's family

According to People, Rogen's grandmother and mother had dementia, which forced her to seek a full-body MRI years ago. She said she decided "to take a deeper look at anything that could possibly be lurking inside me that would affect my longevity."

"They found, of course, this sort of aneurysm in my head," she added. "So, of course, this was terrifying information and made me think of my great-grandmother, whose fate I certainly didn't want to mimic."

Underwent surgery after aneurysm 'started growing'

The aneurysm was initially diagnosed as relatively small, prompting the actress to undergo annual MRIs to monitor its size. However, in the spring of 2022, doctors discovered that the aneurysm had begun to grow in her brain.

Upon this concerning development, Rogen immediately reached out to UCLA neurosurgeon Dr Geoffrey Colby. She recalls feeling a sense of comfort about the procedure to remove the aneurysm under Dr Colby's care.

Following the procedure, she underwent several follow-up appointments to ensure the health of her brain.

"I'm truly endlessly grateful to Dr Colby, his entire team, and the entire staff at UCLA who guided us through this scary experience that I'm truly grateful to have overcome," said Rogen.

Lauren Miller Rogen wants people to start 'caring for our brains'

Rogen advises people with the same genetic characteristics to "know yourself, know your numbers, know your genetic risk factors."

She further said, "The one thing that I urge people is to talk to their doctors about their genetics and understand what it is that is inside of them that is going to affect their brains as they age, and not be afraid of that information."

She wanted to do something for the people who were suffering from the same condition after her mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.

Alongside her husband and a circle of friends, she co-founded the non-profit organization Hilarity for Charity (HFC) in 2012.

According to the HFC website, the charity "is a national non-profit on a mission to care for families impacted by Alzheimer's disease, activate the next generation of Alzheimer's advocates, and be a leader in brain health research and education."

Tags news