Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Sigourney Weaver? Actress missed out on roles as male co-stars were uncomfortable with her height

2023-09-27 16:28
Weaver said she had already achieved her full height by the time she turned 14
How tall is Sigourney Weaver? Actress missed out on roles as male co-stars were uncomfortable with her height

NameSigourney Weaver
Date of BirthOctober 8, 1949
Place of BirthManhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Height5 feet 11 inches (179 cm)
Weight62 kg
Age73 years
GenderFemale
SpouseJim Simpson
ChildrenCharlotte Simpson
Networth$60 million

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sigourney Weaver, an American actress known for her versatile and accomplished career in film and television, stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (179 cm).

She was born on October 8, 1949, in New York City as Susan Alexandra Weaver.

Weaver is best known for her iconic role as Ellen Ripley in the 'Alien' film series, which began with the 1979 classic 'Alien' directed by Ridley Scott.

Her portrayal of Ripley, a strong and resourceful protagonist, helped establish her as a prominent figure in science fiction/action cinema.

Throughout her career, Sigourney Weaver has earned critical acclaim for her performances and has become a respected figure in the entertainment industry.

She has received multiple award nominations, including Golden Globe Awards, BAFTA Awards, and Academy Awards.

Her contributions to film have made her one of the most recognized and enduring actresses in Hollywood.

How tall is Sigourney Weaver's husband?

Sigourney Weaver's Husband Jim Simpson is 5 feet 5 inches (167cm); the couple got married on October 1, 1984. Simpson is a stage director and playwright.

They have been together for many years and have a daughter named Charlotte Simpson, born in 1990. Weaver and Simpson have maintained a relatively low-profile personal life, focusing on their careers and family.

Sigourney Weaver has shared the key to her enduring marriage. The 73-year-old actress attributes the strength of their relationship to open communication and her husband's welcoming and affectionate demeanor, according to Morganton.com

Speaking in Red's September issue, she said, "Honestly, it's such a huge leap of faith! Of course, you have to work at it and be willing to communicate, and you have to marry the right person, but you're also taking a huge gamble. I just feel so fortunate that I married someone with so much 'aloha' because I lead a weird life."

Weaver added, "I try not to be in the public eye very often. When I have a wonderful project to support, I go all-out, but in general, we actually live a very boring life. Happily, we enjoy doing the same things. We love the outdoors."

Why did Sigourney Weaver change her name?

Sigourney Weaver changed her name from Suzy, finding it "too cute".

According to stltoday.com, the 73-year-old actress, originally named Susan, made the change to Sigourney when she was 13 because she felt that her nickname was too saccharine, especially considering her towering height of almost six feet at the time.

She told Red's September issue, "The truth is, I chose it because I was trying to get away from being called Suzy, which is too cute a name for someone who at 13 was already six feet tall! However, in my life now, everyone calls me Siggy, so you really can't escape your destiny."

Sigourney Weaver on her height: 'I felt like a giant spider'

Sigourney Weaver was 29 years old and stood at a height of almost 6 feet when she portrayed Ellen Ripley, according to girlsontopstees.com Weaver said she had already achieved her full height of 5'10" by the time she turned 14, and it was often one of the initial remarks people would make.

"They'd say things like: 'Oh wow, you must play basketball!' (I didn’t) or 'How’s the view up there? (It’s not any different than yours)," she said.

Sigourney was already 5'10" by age 11, and felt self-conscious about her height. “I felt like a giant spider,” she once told a reporter, “I never had the confidence to ever think I could act.”

Sigourney Weaver initially got no roles because of her tall height

The 73-year-old actress revealed that she missed out on numerous roles because her height made her male co-stars uncomfortable, as reported by Hello! magazine.

"I've been lucky with my career. When I started, hardly anybody wanted to hire a woman who was six feet tall. What man wants to spend their days on set standing on an apple box just to be able to look into my eyes. A lot of directors decided to pass on hiring me," Weaver said.

Tags news