Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Brendan Fraser? Actor reveals he developed 'bad posture' due to his height

2023-09-24 15:48
Despite some weight gain, Brendan Fraser's height remains his prominent physical characteristic, contributing to his fame
How tall is Brendan Fraser? Actor reveals he developed 'bad posture' due to his height

Real NameBrendan James Fraser
Date of BirthDecember, 3 1968
Age54 years (as of 2023)
Place of Birth Indianapolis, Indiana
Height6ft 3 ½ (1.91 m) approx.
Weight95 kg (209 pounds ) approx.
Net Worth$20 million
NationalityAmerican, Canadian
ChildrenGriffin Arthur Fraser, Holden Fletcher Fraser, Leland Francis Fraser
Eye ColorDark brown

BEDFORD, NEW YORK CITY: Brendan Fraser's height of 6ft 3 ½ (191.7 cm) as per IMDb profile may have contributed to his early success in the entertainment industry as one of the towering figures in Hollywood.

Brendan Fraser's impressive height has always been a notable characteristic, however the Oscar-winning actor says he developed “bad posture” because he had severe complexities due to his tall stature.

Why is Brendan Fraser conscious of his height?

‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’ actor Brendan Fraser possesses a strong handshake and an engaging smile. When engaged in conversation, he tends to speak softly.

He is acutely aware of his soft-spoken nature and, as a result, often leans in and stoops over during discussions.

He acknowledges this tendency, recognizing that he habitually tries to make himself appear smaller in order to avoid feeling like he's imposing or dominating in social interactions.

In conversation with the LA Times, he candidly admits, "I've always had a bit of a complex about being over 6-2. I've developed bad posture; I always try to become diminutive and stoop so as not to feel I'm dominating”.

Is Brendan Fraser taller than his 'School Ties' co-stars Ben Affleck and Matt Damon?

Fraser's breakthrough role came in 1992 in 'School Ties' where he was cast a Jewish schoolboy subtly ostracized by his peers. His co-stars, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, were also newbies like him at the time.

He towered over both of them.

While Brendan Fraser’s height is around 6 ft 3.5 inches (1.91 m), Ben Affleck is 6 feet 2¼ inches (1.89 m), while Matt Damon is even shorter at 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m).

The actor is infact taller than many of his Hollywood peers. Furthermore, his height has contributed to him playing both action roles like 'The Mummy' or 'George of the Jungle' and more serious roles like ‘The Whale’ for which he won an Oscar.

Even though Brendan Fraser is basking in the glory of his first-ever Best Actor Oscar win for his role in ‘The Whale’, where he portrays a 600-pound character named Charlie, Fandom Wire reports that the actor is not content with this achievement alone.

It appears that Fraser, who has acted in movies namely, 'Pawn Shop Chronicles (2013)', 'A Case of You' (2013), ' Stand Off' (2011), has a desire to reclaim the physique he sported during his role in ‘George of the Jungle’.

In a recent interview with Adam Sandler for Vanity Fair, Brendan Fraser revealed that he had undertaken a rigorous regimen, which included strict dietary measures.

Fraser mentioned, "I was waxed. Starved of carbohydrates," indicating the extreme measures he took to achieve George's famously toned physique for the film.

Did Brendan Fraser have surgeries?

The 'Mummy' actor has disclosed that he subjected his body to extensive damage while performing movie stunts, leading to a seven-year period during which he underwent multiple surgeries but it did not affect his height.

He has had a partial knee replacement, a laminectomy, and vocal cord surgery during this time, which also slowed down his career.

The 49-year-old actor reflected on this challenging phase in a profile with GQ, admitting, "I believe I probably was trying too hard, in a way that's destructive".

Tags news