Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How long were Bebe Rexha and Keyan Safyari together? Singer confirms break-up with BF during live performance

2023-07-31 18:15
Bebe Rexha became emotional while confirming the news of her break up with boyfriend Keyan Safyari
How long were Bebe Rexha and Keyan Safyari together? Singer confirms break-up with BF during live performance

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: What was initially a speculation, has been confirmed by Bebe Rexha. During her performance at London's O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire on Saturday, the ‘I’m Good’ songstress confirmed to her audience that she had indeed broken up with her cinematographer boyfriend Keyan Safyari.

During the ‘Best F'n Night Of My Life’ gig, the Grammy-nominated actress told her fans heart-breakingly just before her performance of ‘Atmosphere’, “I just went through a break-up so I might get a little emotional and you need to help me.” She rocked the gig in a plunging black jumpsuit. Later, her fans supported her during the performance of ‘I Am’ by holding up signs with captions, “You are enough,” per Daily Mail. She replied back by saying, “You really are trying to make a bitch cry.”

Rexha seemed to be upbeat about her breakup later when she went to a nightclub in London. She donned a neon pink jumpsuit with net wings. She told her fans, “I am going to be at Heaven tonight partying and looking for a new boyfriend,” before adding, “I don't know why I would look for a new boyfriend in a gay club but you know…fluid?” per Daily Mail.

How long were Bebe Rexha and Keyan Safyari together?

While the exact date of the commencement of their relationship is not known, Rexha and Safyari reportedly started dating around 2019-2020. While Safyari was Rexha’s first public romance since 2015, per People, the former couple quarantined together. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight in October 2020 as quoted by People, the songstress said, "I wasn't lonely during quarantine," before adding, "I have a very wonderful man in my life right now and he's so amazing. I'm very grateful for him and I'm just enjoying my life and seeing where it goes."

Rexha’s family even approved of Safyari as during the interview with Entertainment Tonight, she said, "We like this guy. I think this is a good one. He's a very good one," before adding, "This guy is special. He's loving, he takes care of me, he's understanding of my career and what I do. My family loves him."

Rexha also joked about her aversion of putting social media posts about her partner. She joked, "Unless I have a ring on my finger, you ain't getting a grid post, and that's the truth!" before explaining, "I have a love-hate relationship with social media. . . I love it because I can talk to my fans and see what's up with them, but then you see things you don't wanna see."

Despite her antipathy, she posted an Instagram carousel of the couple’s photos in September 2022 to celebrate Safyari’s birthday. More importantly, it was through social media, she hinted her break up to her fans in mid-July.

'If you’re trying to find reasons to break up this makes sense'

Trouble arose in the lover’s paradise when Safyari reportedly called Rexha, who has gained weight after being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), fat. The ‘Meant To Be’ singer posted a snapshot of a text claiming to be from Safyari where the cinematographer was reportedly saying, "Hey. I never said you weren't beautiful and I never said I didn't love you. In fact I said how beautiful you are and how much I loved you," before adding, "But I always said I would be honest with you and your face was changing so I told you it was." Then he reportedly provided context, saying, "That was the conversation we were having and you asked...," and continued, "Because I care, would you rather I lied to you? You gained 35 pounds obviously you gained weight and your face changes? Should I just pretend it didn’t happen and that it’s ok?"

He also purportedly added, “If you’re trying to find reasons to break up this makes sense… but it’s not the real reason. If you’re unhappy with me/yourself/with life and don’t see a future with us then that’s ok and that’s the reason. Don’t use something like that to weaponize your anger or anxiety or any insecurity you may have. You know I always found you to be beautiful and loved you no matter what."

Tags news