Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Maybe I'll fall in love one day': Andy Cohen reveals 4-year-old son Ben says he wants 'another dad'

2023-05-14 14:21
Cohen confirmed that his son Ben is aware that families can look different and that some children can have one or two dads, two moms, or a mom and dad
'Maybe I'll fall in love one day': Andy Cohen reveals 4-year-old son Ben says he wants 'another dad'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a recent interview, Andy Cohen shared that his four-year-old son, Ben, expressed a desire to have "another daddy." The 54-year-old host of 'Watch What Happens Live' welcomed Ben in February 2019 and daughter Lucy in April 2022, both via a surrogate.

Cohen explained to PEOPLE that he told his son that he may "fall in love one day" and that another person could come into their lives. "Well, maybe I'll fall in love one day, and you will have another daddy." He adds, "But it's so great. It's great for my sense of community of having other gay dads around for Ben to see that we all make families."

READ MORE

'Lied to both of you': Andy Cohen STUNS 'Today' hosts Hoda Kotb, Savannah Guthrie with epic revelation

'You're joking': Andy Cohen doesn't remember meeting Meghan Markle before they talked on 'Archetypes'

'He knew that it would be another dad'

Andy admitted that at the time, he had been a bit shocked by Ben's statement. "I was surprised when he said, 'I want another dad.'" "I was like, 'Isn't that interesting that he knew that it would be another dad?' and that he didn't say, 'I want a mom. I want you to get a mom.'" During the interview, the Bravo host was asked whether Ben was aware that families can be "different". "Yeah. He knows that some kids have one dad, some kids have two dads, some kids have two moms. Some kids have a mom and a dad. He knows the whole spectrum," the star explained.

'I want to be everything for them'

Earlier this month, Andy appeared on the 'Today' show and shared his experience of raising his two children as a single parent. "I accessed a weight about me and a sense of worry that I never really had. I'm now thinking, what the heck did I worry about? Five years ago, what was I worried about? My tea order?" he stated during the interview. "There are things on my calendar that I'm navigating through that I had never!" he humorously admitted, and later sweetly gushed, "I want to be everything for them." "As a single parent, there is the feeling of 'I need to be there' and I'm always kicking myself for time not spent with them and trying to dissect what it all means and seeking out parent friends for advice," the media personality explained. Cohen admitted, "I wouldn't change it for the world, by the way."

'Love IS love'

People were quick to comment, with one person writing on Facebook, "I am so happy for you Andy." Another said, "Love IS love," while a third exclaimed, "Wonderful father." A user commented, "Andy, you and your babies seem to be very happy. I think you are a great parent." "I am also a gay single parent of 2 children. I’ve been the only one in all of my kids schools. My son graduated valedictorian of his middle school. We’re doing just fine," wrote a fifth.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs