Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kelly Clarkson made sure ex-husband Brandon Blackstock wasn't blindsided by her divorce album 'Chemistry'

2023-06-24 14:24
Kelly Clarkson sent her ex-husband Brandon Blackstock 'a little text exchange' before the release of her album 'Chemistry'
Kelly Clarkson made sure ex-husband Brandon Blackstock wasn't blindsided by her divorce album 'Chemistry'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelly Clarkson has off late been putting her grief into words as she has been opening up about her bitter divorce with ex Brandon Blackstock in 2020. The singer, last revealed an album titled 'Meaning of Life', six years ago and Blackstock was married from 2013 to 2022. Now fans get to hear her much-awaited divorce album 'Chemistry.'

Kelly revealed that she didn't want to shock Blackstock and informed him about her album. On Thursday, June 22 broadcast of 'Today' show, the 41-year-old singer said she and Blackstock had "a little text exchange" before the album's release on Friday, June 23. She explained, "I don't even remember why or how it happened, but I was like, 'Hey, I didn't just diminish us down to one [thing], "You know what I'm saying? It's all in there, the ride. The beauty is in there, as well. Now there's a lot of pain, but that's what happens for all of us.'" This is quite a lot, considering that the two had a tumultuous divorce which was granted only two years after they filed it. It wasn't easy for either of them, as the division of assets was a big point of contention in their divorce, including the singer's ranch in Montana and spousal and child support for Brandon.

Kelly Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock got divorced in 2022

After seven years of marriage, Clarkson and Blackstock filed for divorce. After two years of legal fights, the couple—who share children River Rose, 9, and Remington Alexander, 7—finally reached a divorce agreement in March 2022.

The 'Because of You' singer began working on 'Chemistry' around that period. Before she was prepared to share the songs with the world, she had to sit with them for over three years. She said, "I waited until I was like through it. So now it's like a different chapter for me, So I had to wait in order to put this out so that I could have interviews and just honestly so I wouldn't be crying in all of them. It's very intense going through that kind of loss, it's grief," as reported by Pagesix.

Kelly Clarkson admits she 'did not handle [the divorce] well'

Clarkson said earlier this week that, despite her best efforts to appear upbeat, she "did not handle [the divorce] well" in an interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe. She said, "I don't know how people get through anything like that because I'm not going to say I did it gracefully. Behind closed doors by myself, it was not."

When she was trying to come to terms with the fact that their marriage had ended, Clarkson remembers frequently "crying so hard" that she "couldn't even speak." The talk show presenter has had time to recover, but she is now "not looking" for a relationship.

Tags news epcelebs