Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I'm gonna die alone': Iconic Chandler Bing quote takes tragic turn after Matthew Perry's death at 54

2023-10-29 19:57
The iconic Matthew Perry quote comes in the third episode of Season 2, 'The One Where Heckles Dies'
'I'm gonna die alone': Iconic Chandler Bing quote takes tragic turn after Matthew Perry's death at 54

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The sudden death of 'Friends' actor Matthew Perry has been a shock to millions of fans around the world. As soon as the news came out, fans took to social media to share a scene from the hit sitcom where Perry's character Chandler Bing tells Jennifer Aniston's Rachel Green, "I'm gonna die alone."

Perry, 54, was found dead in a jacuzzi at his Los Angeles home on October 28, reported Los Angeles Times.

The 90's hit TV show 'Friends' made the late actor a household name. Following the lives of six young friends living in New York City, the show ran for ten seasons from 1994 to 2004, leaving behind a legacy.

When did Matthew Perry say Chandler's tragic death quote?

Perry's Chandler was known for his sarcastic persona, and his one-liners have a separate fan base. However, one such line has gained the internet's attention after Perry's death news came out.

In the third episode of Season 2, 'The One Where Heckles Dies', Chandler compares his life with their downstairs neighbor Mr Heckles, who died alone in his apartment. From Heckles' diary, Chandler finds that his life is very similar to that of his late neighbor.

When a devastated Chandler comes to Monica and Rachel's apartment, the latter complains to him that Monica broke her seashell lamp. This is when Chandler delivers the sarcastic yet tragic one-liner. Replying to Rachel's complaint, a gloomy Chandler tells her, "I'm gonna die alone."

Matthew Perry's failed romances

Unlike his popular onscreen character, Chandler, Perry was unsuccessful in finding love in real life. He was single at the time of his death.

In his memoir, 'Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing', released in November 2022, Perry openly discussed his high profile romances, including Julia Roberts and Lizzy Caplan.

In an interview with People promoting the memoir, Perry said that it was he who usually ended the relationships. "I manifest something that's wrong with them, and then I break up with them. But there can't be something wrong with everyone. I'm the common denominator. I left first because I thought they were going to annihilate me."

The actor struggled with drug addiction throughout his time on 'Friends'. However, after becoming sober in May 2021, he was ready to give love another chance.

Speaking to People, he said, "I'm feeling more confident, and I'm not afraid of love anymore, so the next girl I go out with better watch out."

As per reports, his latest romantic encounter was with a literary agent, Molly Hurwitz. They got engaged in November 2020 but split after seven months in June 2021.

Fans share Matthew Perry's iconic death quote

Fans recounted how Chandler's one-liner became a reality in Perry's death. Numerous tweets are being posted on X with the scene of Perry delivering the dialogue.

One user shared the scene with the caption, ""I'm gonna die alone." Matthew Perry - Friends."

A fan tweeted, "-And I'm gonna die alone..."

Another said, "Chandler Bing once said: ""i'm gonna die alone" and indeed he did. RIP Matthew Perry."

One fan offered tributes to the late actor tweeting, ""I'm gonna die alone", well he didn't his legacy will be continued for generations to come. Will remain an actor who is effortlessly funny and has best comic timing. Rest in Peace Matthew Perry."

"Who knew the whole world would feel like this one day, "I'm gonna die alone" actually turned out to be true, thanks for everything Matthew, RIP," wrote a user.

Another stated, "He used to say that I'm gonna die alone. And he did."

Tags news