Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The View's Whoopi Goldberg interrupts Sunny Hostin on-air saying she doesn't care about co-host's parenting style

2023-09-20 12:27
'The View' co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Sunny Hostin debated whether one should be friends with their children
The View's Whoopi Goldberg interrupts Sunny Hostin on-air saying she doesn't care about co-host's parenting style

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: On Tuesday, ‘The View’ panel discussed whether or not one should be friends with their family members, and each co-host had a different viewpoint, albeit, Whoopi Goldberg and Sunny Hostin were at a crossroads.

Golberg, who is a mother and grandmother, expressed her thoughts on the importance of being friends with your children, but Hostin did not share the same opinion.

In turn, Goldberg and Hostin delved into a slight altercation, with Goldberg announcing, “I don’t really care.”

Sunny Hostin quotes Michelle Obama on ‘The View’

Whoopi Goldberg, who moderated the segment on Tuesday, read the ‘Hot Topic’ to her co-hosts, “So, apparently "The Wall Street Journal" wants to know, should you be best friends with a spouse?”

Joy Behar was the first to respond, “I would hope so.” She continued, “If you're not best friends with your own husband or wife, you're in trouble. Who else would you tell every little thing to?”

As the co-hosts briefly discussed friendships with their spouses, Sunny Hostin changed the topic just a little, focusing on a different part of it, “I was more interested in the other part of the topic: Should you be friends with your children?”

She continued, “And I have seen a lot of my friends make that mistake, and then when you got to put the hammer down, they're looking at you like, you're my best friend and you just broke my heart. So I have tried very hard, even with adult children, not to be their friend.”

Hostin also quoted Michelle Obama, “Michelle Obama said once you decide you want your child to be your friend, now you're worried about them liking you, and there's so much of parenting that has nothing to do with them liking you. So much of what you'll have to teach them is counter to what they want.”

Whoopi Goldberg and Sunny Hostin disagree on friendships with children

As the discussion continued, Sunny Hostin spoke about an incident with her daughter, when Whoopi Goldberg asked her how old the daughter was, and when Hostin responded 17, Goldberg immediately said, “That’s not an adult.”

“Listen, you will find that you have to become friends with your children, but only after they pass the point where they have to take care of themselves. That is important,” explained Goldberg. To that, Hostin said, “I can believe that.”

After Goldberg spoke about her relationship with her grandchildren, Hostin interjected, “I feel like my mom... my mom, I love my mom. I adore her. But I'm not going to treat her like my friend.”

Before Hostin could further explain, Goldberg interrupted her, “I’m sad to hear that.” Hostin continued, “I have a certain... just... I don't want to call it respect, but there is just a thing.”

To that Goldberg said, “Oh no, child. You haven't gotten to that place yet because you get to... you will.” Hostin simply said, “I hope.”

Goldberg concluded the segment, “Well, you have to because... you know what, rather than try to convince you because I don't really care that deeply,” and also added, “I’m just going to say to you, you will know it when it happens.”