Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Hugh Jackman? Actor nearly lost chance to be X-Men's Wolverine because of his height

2023-09-15 19:18
Hugh Jackman is a lot taller than his character Wolverine, who is a foot shorter than the actor in the original comic books
How tall is Hugh Jackman? Actor nearly lost chance to be X-Men's Wolverine because of his height

Real NameHugh Michael Jackman AC
Date of BirthOctober 12, 1968
Age 54 years (as of 2023)
Place of BirthSydney, Australia
Height6ft 3 inches (190 cm) approx
Weight88.45kg (195 pounds) appox
Net Worth$180 million
Spouse Deborra-Lee Furness
Children Oscar Maximilian Jackman, Ava Eliot Jackman
NationalityAustralian, British
Eye ColorHazel

EAST HAMPTON, NEW YORK: The acclaimed Australian actor is renowned for his portrayal of Wolverine in the 'X-Men' film series but did you know Hugh Jackman’s height is 6 feet 3 inches (1.9m)?

When it comes to the actor's stature, the actor had to make adjustments to fit with the Wolverine's canon characteristics from the comics — even though he never did end up wearing Wolverine's iconic yellow costume till 'Deadpool' 3.

How tall is Wolverine?

The Daily Wire reported, that in comic books and animated shows, Wolverine is usually portrayed as a muscular but relatively short character, standing at a height of 5 feet 3 inches (1.6m), as per the official Marvel records.

On the other hand, Hugh Jackman’s height was at 6 feet 3 inches tall or 1.9m, a full foot taller than the character he was auditioning for.

This significant height difference almost cost him the role of Wolverine in the original X-Men movie.

During an interview with Chris Wallace on CNN, Jackman reminisced about being cast as Wolverine in 'X-Men'.

He mentioned going through several auditions and meeting with producer Tom DeSanto, who expressed concerns about his height potentially being an issue for the role.

Hugh Jackman’s height became a hurdle after the actor had already gone through multiple rounds of auditions. The actor said, “I did about seven auditions. I remember, finally, I did audition, audition, audition, and then I went to see - they had a production.”

“We were talking, and he said, 'You know, it's just one problem. I hope the fans are not going to have a problem because the character is meant to be 5'5 [sic]".' And I said, 'Tom. Really, it's going to be absolutely fine. Don't worry about it, thank you.'”

Is Hugh Jackman taller than Ryan Reynolds?

Hugh Jackman’s height and that of Ryan Reynolds’ is about the same. But Reynolds is an inch shorter at 6 ft 2 inches (188 cm), according to Celebrity Heights. But Reynolds himself believes he is 6ft 3 inches too.

What is more he did not miss the opportunity to make fun of how short Wolverine is in the comics either on the sets of 'Deadpool 3' where co-star Hugh Jackman reprised his Wolverine role in a canon-compliant costume.

Reynolds took to Threads to post a picture of a Wolverine action figure and photographing it in one of the director's chairs with the caption, "comic-accurate short king."

Pictures of the two actors together do show that any height difference between the, if any, is negligible.

Given his tall stature, Ryan Reynolds finds the idea of hiring a bodyguard to fend off enthusiastic fans quite amusing.

He explained, "I'm 6 feet 3 inches tall, so it would seem a bit odd if I were constantly accompanied by a guard, whisking me away. That would appear rather ridiculous".

Hugh Jackman's height did spark a bit of row after Reynolds posted a first look pic of the Deadpool and Wolverine in 'Deadpool 3'.

However, both Reynolds and Jackman did take the time to answer all of the fans' "canon" questions. Check it out below.