Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Megyn Kelly makes fun of CNN’s falling numbers as she calls it ‘true existential crisis’

2023-05-25 18:26
'There’s not one [person] still watching that channel,' the political pundit stated
Megyn Kelly makes fun of CNN’s falling numbers as she calls it ‘true existential crisis’

WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NEW YORK: Megyn Kelly has mocked CNN as the news network’s numbers have gone down dramatically. The media personality also reportedly claimed that CNN “might lose the remaining four viewers they have” after their catastrophic town hall event with ex-President Donald Trump on May 10.

Kelly took aim at the media company during the segment of May 23’s episode of ‘The Megyn Kelly Show,’ which saw The Federalist editor Emily Jashinsky and Washington Free Beacon editor-in-chief Eliana Johnson as her guests, The Wrap reported. The 52-year-old’s remarks came after a recent report by The Daily Beast said, “Last week, the cable news pioneer [CNN] suffered its lowest-rated week since June 2015, averaging just 429,000 total daily viewers from Monday-Friday.”

ALSO READ

Charlize Theron sparks romance rumors with hunky Alex Dimitrijevic amid drag queen row with Megyn Kelly

Megyn Kelly accuses 'privileged' Charlize Theron of 'setting the stage' for grooming of children

‘Fox and CNN are suffering the most’

The report also stated, “CNN was also down double digits compared to the same week last year in both total viewership and in the key advertising demographic of viewers between ages 25-54. MSNBC more than doubled CNN’s daily audience, drawing 976,000 total viewers, while Fox News averaged 1.4 million. Ratings data show that primetime is where both Fox and CNN are suffering the most. Since the town hall, CNN has seen several of its weeknight hours—including Anderson Cooper—fall behind Newsmax."

Referring to the report, Kelly said as per RadarOnline.com, “They have no more viewers! There are more people on this panel than are viewing CNN.” She also went on to cheer for Newsmax anchor, Eric Bolling, as she mentioned, “This is unprecedented. Eric Bolling is fighting with one arm tied behind his back and he's winning. He's beating, from the Newsmax anchor desk, Anderson Cooper on CNN. It's extraordinary!”

‘There’s not one still watching that channel’

The Wrap reported that on her show, Kelly dubbed CNN’s falling as “a true existential crisis.” She also slammed the former CNN Worldwide president and stated, “This is why Jeff Zucker was the grim reaper of CNN. He killed it. He killed it.”

The conservative journalist noted, “There’s not one still watching that channel. And now Chris Licht comes in to try to win them back over, does something like hosting the leading presidential candidate on the GOP side for a town hall where we might explore his views, and the audience is so angry that what little they had left has totally abandoned them. They’re like, ‘No.’ So how do you build a media business based on that?”

‘I know people don’t agree with me’

Kelly did not stop there as she ripped apart some of CNN's famous faces except Jake Tapper. She said, “I mean, Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper, Briana Keilar — my god, she was the biggest hater of all. Not to mention Jim Acosta. They’re up in that lineup still, all the Trump haters. And yeah, you don’t have to have that long memory to remember that they hate not just Trump but the right half of the country.”

“I’ll say a word in defense of Jake Tapper who I actually like — I think he’s left, but I think he at least tries to be fair. I know people don’t agree with me, but that’s how I see him,” Kelly added.