Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I’ve always been faithful': GOP Rep Lauren Boebert files for divorce from her ‘torn’ husband Jayson Boebert after 18 years of marriage

2023-05-17 10:18
Lauren Boebert cited 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason for the divorce and said, 'I am grateful for our years of marriage together and for our beautiful children'
'I’ve always been faithful': GOP Rep Lauren Boebert files for divorce from her ‘torn’ husband Jayson Boebert after 18 years of marriage

RIFLE, COLORADO: GOP Rep Lauren Boebert, 36, who was elected to Congress in 2020 after defeating Republican US Rep Scott Tipton, confirmed that she has filed for divorce from her husband Jayson Boebert, a 42-year-old former oil and gas worker who helps run Shooters Grill, their gun-themed restaurant in Colorado. Lauren cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the divorce.

She said in a statement, as per DailyMail, "It is with a heavy weight on my heart that I have filed for divorce from my husband. I am grateful for our years of marriage together and for our beautiful children, all of whom deserve privacy and love as we work through this process. I’ve always been faithful in my marriage, and I believe strongly in marriage, which makes this announcement that much more difficult. This is truly about irreconcilable differences. I do not intend to discuss this matter any further in public out of respect for our children and will continue to work hard to represent the people of Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District.”

READ MORE

What is Lauren Boebert's net worth? Colorado GOP rep locked in gripping reelection bid with Adam Frisch

Lauren Boebert accused of covering up crash caused by her son Tyler, 17, that left his friend with multiple concussions

The Colorado Sun first reported that Lauren filed for divorce from Jayson on April 25, 2023. The initial filing includes a request by her that she be granted child support and given parental decision. The court hearing will take place on May 31 in Mesa County Court in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Inside Lauren and Jayson Boebert's love story

Lauren and Jayson met at a Burger King restaurant where Lauren was working. Talking about it, she mentioned in her 2022 autobiography 'My American Life', as stated by Huffpost, “He just took my breath away. I fell in love with Jayson immediately, and I knew, without doubt, that he was the man I was meant to be with — for better or for worse — forever." At the time, she was 16 and he was 22. They got married in June 2005, a few months after they had their first child Tyler. And now they have four sons -- Tyler, 18, Brody, 15, Kaydon, 13, and Roman, 10.

Prior to their marriage, in January 2004, Jayson pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure after allegedly exposing himself to two girls at a bowling alley. In her book, Lauren pointed that Jayson never displayed his genitals, but that he “acted like he was going to unzip his pants.” She added that he “needed the alcohol and anger management classes that came with the plea deal."

She also wrote, "The left attacks us relentlessly. They point to Jayson’s arrest and say awful things about him — rather than applaud a man who’s made a few mistakes along the way, learned from them, and then made himself a true success, got married and is raising four incredible young men,” reports Colorado Sun.

'I am torn by this a very sad thing'

However, the divorce has now left him "extremely angry". Process Server Mike Estep said, "Jayson opened the door and I said 'Are you Jayson Boebert,' to which he said, 'That’s Me.' I told him, 'I have a Summons for Dissolution of Marriage for you.' I could see that he was drinking a tall glass of beer and cleaning a gun that was sitting on a table. Once he learned that he was being served with Dissolution of Marriage papers he was extremely angry. I tried to hand him the documents but [he] did not take them. He started yelling and using profanities and told me that I was trespassing and that he was calling the Sheriff’s Office. I told him I was leaving the documents on the chair outside the door, he closed the door then let the dogs out."

While talking to DailyMail, Jayson said, "I am torn by this a very sad thing. A horrible moment in my life. I love her too much to say anything bad about her. She is the mother of my children and my partner for the last 20 years. Please just let me have some peace."