Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Internet condemns MSNBC's 'awful' move as 'top-class journalist' Mehdi Hasan addresses future with network

2023-12-03 11:18
Mehdi Hasan addresses his future at MSNBC after 'The Mehdi Hasan Show' comes to an end
Internet condemns MSNBC's 'awful' move as 'top-class journalist' Mehdi Hasan addresses future with network

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Recently, the news broke out that MSNBC and its sister network NBC’s Peacock streaming service had decided to cancel the weekend news show ‘The Mehdi Hasan Show’ hosted by Mehdi Hasan, as per The Guardian.

A little while after this news made the headlines, Hasan took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to address this himself as he also explained his future in MSNBC.

Hasan has announced that moving forward he will serve as “guest anchor across prime shows and beyond, & as an on-air political analyst.”

As Hasan extended his gratitude to the show's producers, the internet showered him with love, applauding his work and expressing disappointment toward MSNBC.

Mehdi Hasan continues his stint at MSNBC

On X, after the cancelation of his show ‘The Mehdi Hasan Show,’ host Mehdi Hasan wrote, “Yes the @MehdiHasanShow has ended on @peacock & will be ending on @MSNBC *next* month (still a few weeks left!)”

He added, “Thank you all for watching over the past 3 years. Going forward at @MSNBC, I'll serve as a guest anchor across prime shows and beyond, & as an on-air political analyst.”

Hasan also expressed his gratitude on the social media platform and wrote, “Thanks for the outpouring of love and support, & thanks of course to my amazing, talented team of producers on the @MehdiHasanShow.”

“I’m humbled and so appreciative. I’m not going anywhere and you’ll hear from me lots in 2024,” concluded Hasan.

Hasan also thanked his viewers and wrote, “Thank you all for watching the @mehdihasanshow for the past 3 years. Proud to have hosted one of the highest-rated @msnbc shows on the weekend and one of the most viral shows on the network.”

Internet sends their love to Mehdi Hasan

In response to Mehdi Hasan opening up about his future at MSNBC, his viewers and fans showcased their love for him, and their disappointment in the channel.

One user wrote, Awful move by MSNBC. You have a toughness & tenaciousness that reality-based media desperately needs. I hope you’ll launch a podcast or something similar, so we can continue to support the work that you do without being subject to the whims of a self-destructive network.”

“Truly stupid — and frankly unfathomable — decision on the part of @MSNBC. You’re one of the best interviewers and journalists in the business. I’m incredibly disappointed in the network,” wrote one user and another said, “This is terrible news, Mehdi! For us, I mean. I wish your time were expanded not reduced :(.”

A user on X wrote in response to Hasan, “This is completely unjust Mehdi. Your voice is so needed,” and another said, “Horrible decision by @MSNBC Your show was great!”

Hasan continued to receive love from his viewers on X as another wrote, “You stood up mate. We will remember you. Top top class journalist.”

Tags news