Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mitch Rossell wins hearts with OG song dedicated to family as 'AGT' judge Simon Cowell calls singer 'the real deal'

2023-08-23 11:16
Sofia Vergara said that she believes Mitch Rossell has a 'perfect talent' and that she believes America would adore him
Mitch Rossell wins hearts with OG song dedicated to family as 'AGT' judge Simon Cowell calls singer 'the real deal'

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: Mitch Rossell sang an original song titled 'All I Need to See' on the Season 18 Live Shows of 'America's Got Talent,' which aired on Tuesday, August 22, 2023. Fans can't stop praising Mitch, the songwriter, since Simon Cowell labeled the vocalist "the real deal."

'AGT' returned for its 18th season this summer, with Simon, Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel, and Sofía Vergara as judges once again, along with Terry Crews taking over as host. The winner, like in previous years, will receive a $1 million cash prize and have the opportunity to perform as a main attraction in Las Vegas. The 'AGT' Qualifiers are a competition where only 55 artists fight for America's vote and a chance to advance to the finale. Over the course of five weeks, eleven competitors will compete; at the end of Wednesday's results show, two will have been eliminated from the contest.

Mitch Rossell impresses 'AGT' judges with OG song dedicated to wife and kid

Mitch has already achieved success as a country performer and composer, but he's determined to earn even more by continuing to play original songs on the program for as long as he can. Sofia told Mitch that it's a "catchy, romantic song" with "so much emotion." Mitch's audition was "brilliant," according to Simon, and there's a reason his song reached number one on the country charts, as well as the fact that he's "the real deal." Howie predicted that this song would also reach number one, and that he would be one of the two performers to beat for the night. Heidi added to the praise by describing him as "radio ready."

Fans on Twitter wrote, "I can see him performing in Las Vegas due to his country music style provided he wins AGT." Others chimed in, "Mitch Rossell is on fire!! I loved his audition song and I love tonight's song!!!" Another person wrote, "I could hear this song being played on the radio. Good song writer!!" A fourth fan tweeted, "Amazing as always!"

One Twitter user wrote, "This was incredible. It’s all I want to hear. Vegas all the way." Another person added, "Although I'm not a country music fan, I like Mitch's song more than True Villains. I could relate to the lyrics about love more.."

Mitch Rossell receieved standing ovation from 'AGT' judges during audition

During his audition, Mitch described his song as "the most personal thing I've ever written" and a "true story about my life" to the judges. As the judges and audience listened to him sing, it became evident that the lyrics were about Mitch's bond with his own kid, not only his relationship with his father.

"I went for years and never wrote a song about it, and had a son of my own, and I think that finally allowed me to really write about it and bring it full circle," Mitch explained to the Judges.

After performing the emotionally charged "Son," Mitch received a well-deserved standing ovation from the crowd and the judging panel, which included Heidi, Simon, Sofia, and Howie. Without hesitation, all four judges said "yes," sending Mitch to the next stage of the tournament.

Who is Mitch Rossell?

Mitch Rossell's career is on the rise. His prolific songwriting and distinct style have earned him not just thousands of monthly listeners across streaming sites, but also the attention of country music icon Garth Brooks. Mitch accompanied Garth on his stadium tour in 2022 with only an acoustic guitar, gaining thousands of new fans every night. In addition to opening for Garth around the country, Mitch has written four of Garth's tunes, including 'Ask Me How I Know', his first #1 single.

Who is Simon Cowell?

The music mogul makes the most of his money from television, where he has judged 'The X-Factor', 'AGT', and 'Britain's Got Talent'. His record label still boasts hot talent, including Camilla Cabello, Olly Murs, and Noah Cyrus. Simon Cowell gave more than $1.5 million to Feeding America and Feeding Britain in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

New episodes of 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 air every Tuesday on NBC at 8 pm ET