Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Five' host Dana Perino dubs Twitter's new updates 'confusing', engages in on-air debate over 'Following' and 'For You' tabs

2023-11-02 13:23
Dana Perino said, 'I mean if you talk about the mind virus, look at what's happening in terms of antisemitism'
'The Five' host Dana Perino dubs Twitter's new updates 'confusing', engages in on-air debate over 'Following' and 'For You' tabs

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Fox News hosts on 'The Five' recently clashed over their opinions on the all-new updates of the social media platform X, formerly Twitter.

Hosts Dana Perino, Greg Gutfeld, and Jesse Watters had different takes on whether the new divided home page of Twitter with the 'Following' and 'For you' tab is of any use.

This update was made after Elon Musk took over the platform and completely changed its image, making the main feed identical to the TikTok homepage.

Fox News hosts call out Twitter for being 'confusing'

Host Perino noted that the app had become difficult to access because of its brand-new interface.

"I have always utilized --since the beginning of Twitter-- utilized it for work," Perino said, "I find it impossible to use now. I find it hard to find breaking news on it. I don't know what's going on with it. Every day, there's something different. You have to go from the 'For you' to the 'Following' to the-"

Gutfeld went on to add here, "That's confusing," and Perino agreed but soon got interrupted by Watters, "It's very confusing and you cannot-"

"Just stay with 'For you'," Watters responded

Gutfeld went out his infamous big laugh at this and protested, "No, you go with the 'Following'!"

"No, 'For you' is so much more fun!" Watters fired back.

Perino then noted why she preferred 'Following' as she said, "Do you know what I get on 'For you'? It's all dog video when I actually want to know what's going on in the war. It's very frustrating and I hope it gets fixed."

Dana Perino discusses 'mind virus' in social media

Perino also discussed what is labeled as a 'mind virus' indicating the brainwashing caused by the overflowing content on social media platforms about a certain topic.

"Obviously, this is a big problem and I think that it's continued and I wouldn't be surprised if this is happening now on TikTok. I mean if you talk about the mind virus, look at what's happening in terms of antisemitism. And the guy who used to run Tinder said that the more that you post pro-Palestinian content, you get more views on TikToks which means that -- what do you do? You create more of the same things so you can get more of that so it's a self-fulfilling cycle."