Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jessica Simpson says her and husband Eric Johnson's relationship ‘changed for better’ after ditching booze

2023-11-19 04:16
Jessica Simpson shared a photo of herself from six years ago and wrote how much she has changed since then
Jessica Simpson says her and husband Eric Johnson's relationship ‘changed for better’ after ditching booze

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Jessica Simpson, 43, marked the anniversary of her decision to quit drinking alcohol with a candid Instagram post recently.

The singer and fashion designer shared a photo of herself from six years ago and wrote how much she has changed since then.

“This person in the early morning of November 1, 2017, is an unrecognizable version of myself. I had so much self-discovery to unlock and explore,” she wrote.

How did Jessica Simpson’s sobriety transform her life?

One of the positive effects of Jessica Simpson’s sobriety was that it improved her relationship with her husband, Eric Johnson, 44.

The couple, who tied the knot in 2014 and have three children together, used to have frequent arguments when she drank.

“They used to bicker a lot when she drank. Now they’ve learned to communicate better. Jessica is in touch with her feelings and not hiding behind booze anymore,” an insider told OK! magazine.

Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson cuddle more and enjoy romance, reveals source

Another way that Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson’s relationship has changed for the better is that they are more affectionate and romantic with each other.

The insider said that they cuddle more instead of sitting on opposite ends of the couch with a drink.

“She’s totally recalibrated her life from top to bottom,” the insider said, adding “Health, fitness, romance, parenting, work — and it makes her so proud."

Jessica Simpson also expressed her gratitude for her husband in her Instagram post. “I am so grateful for my husband who has held me accountable and picked me up when I was down,” she wrote.

How Jessica Simpson's sobriety has brought her closer to her children

The insider revealed, “Her connection with her kids and ability to be a good mom when she’s sober versus under the influence is like night and day."

"The kids have been a huge motivation not to go back to those old habits when she was way less switched on with them and not giving them her full attention," the insider added.

This is a huge reminder of what she’s accomplished, the insider told the publication, and why it’s so important never to slip back into that dark old world ever again.

"Jessica learned tools to combat cravings and fill her time with more healthy habits. The big fog finally lifted and she’s not looked back since," the insider explained.

Tags news